Redemption shows as "Offline"

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
BETAMAXX
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by BETAMAXX »

I have played here almost as long as the server has been around. That said, I must have missed that January 20th announcement, nor can I find it, so I don't understand why something like this would be done in the first place. Nevertheless, I've never had any problems downloading and installing the client, updating my game, deleting the game cache, etc. and don't need the launcher for things like that.

Anyway, I don't use Windows; I run Linux, and and use WINE to play the game here. As you know the Launcher will not run with WINE so where does that leave me, and others who may very well be in the same boat? :?

regards,

BetaMaXX
SERSANSAN
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by SERSANSAN »

I download the client as soon i read this and work perfectly until today, i've been trying everything and cant log in T.T
alarys8
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by alarys8 »

NOTE: I was able to login!

FIX: Start the game client with the WoW-Mania.exe executable, NOT the Wow.exe executable! This step is missing from the main guide I think.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

Previously, you could use Wow.exe to log in, and people's shortcuts and other things are probably pointing to that.

Now, with the updated client and restrictions, you must run the WoW-Mania.exe executable, and update your paths to shortcuts to point to that instead.


Could the helpful server people update the instructions to the 2.6.0 client upgrade to make sure people are running the WoW-Mania.exe executable and NOT Wow.exe?

Hopefully that helps people!
LoboEdu
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by LoboEdu »

I have deleted cache, deleted the patch files on ../wow/data/, run the launcher as admin, let it patch the client up and I'm still getting the window of Redemption being offline.
What do I do? I'm not using any kind of VPN.

Edit: I managed to log in by using the solution from the post above mine, BUT the textures are all weird: all my characters' faces are black and their hairs with a fluorescent green... I have no idea what happened. If someone has any king of solution, I'd appreciate.
alarys8
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by alarys8 »

Hi,

Glad you were able to login by using the WoW-Mania.exe executable like I did.

I can only think that your client is messed up. I'd try downloading the full new client and running WoW-Mania.exe executable after.
AYMELEK

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by AYMELEK »

CHAOSMAGE12
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Re: Redemption shows as "Offline"

Post by CHAOSMAGE12 »

I have the same issue it shows that the server is offline and i cannot log in that is from 4-5 hours .... i belive they are gonna fix it soon
Post Reply