voting gives only 1 point per day

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
Thurngaard

voting gives only 1 point per day

Post by Thurngaard » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 am

Hi peeps, do you know how to fix that? I can only receive 1 voting point every 24 hours, regardless of whether I vote at 1 site or at all of them. Tried clearing browser cache and cookies - did not help. Also tried on different browsers.

jujueyeball

Re: voting gives only 1 point per day

Post by jujueyeball » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:00 pm

happens to me too but not all the time, sometimes ill get 1 vote point and sometimes ill get 7

CtrlAltNuke

Post by CtrlAltNuke » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Greetings!

I had the same issue this morning, when voting.
I had successfully voted on all sites available for voting, and only received one voting point on my first attempt.
I then attempted to vote again and after noticing that I had only received one point and then again only received one. (the other sites said that have already voted and could only attempt to do so again after 12 hours).

I now had 2 vote points after this.

I then made a ticket in-game in order to find out why this happens and what could be done to fix this.
<GM> Brontes then responded to my ticket and informed me that I should try again in 12 hours and when doing so, I should vote from my mobile phone and not via WiFi. (Thank you again, GM Brontes for your assistance and for responding in short time. Much apreciated).

However, my issue still... is that I have successfully voted via my PC browser and received my 6 voting points as recently as yesterday. I simply did the exact same today and even cleared my cache etc. after not receiving my 6 points today and tried again.

Are we voting and not being rewarded every time for doing so?
or
Are we voting and it only works once every now and then?

Is there something we need to do before voting in order for this to work correctly?
Are we doing something wrong when voting?

Blades137

Post by Blades137 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Ok here is the deal guys, used to have the exact same problems...

1.) LOG INTO A CHARACTER BEFORE YOU VOTE, this is critical, the site works off a cache, max of 16 stored vote points, if you go over that 16, it resets it to 1. This way you get whatever points may be on your account. NOTE: They might not show up under your account on the site. Log back off your character.

2.) Vote as normal thereafter, re-log and pick up your points.

3.) You can vote on most sites every 12 hours, ideally you should be able to get 7 points every time you vote IF you follow the steps above, but ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS log into a character FIRST and BEFORE you vote.

4.) If your getting only 4 to 6 votes, you either have voted too early or aren't doing something right on one or more of the sites.

CtrlAltNuke

Post by CtrlAltNuke » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Blades137 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Ok here is the deal guys, used to have the exact same problems...

1.) LOG INTO A CHARACTER BEFORE YOU VOTE, this is critical, the site works off a cache, max of 16 stored vote points, if you go over that 16, it resets it to 1. This way you get whatever points may be on your account. NOTE: They might not show up under your account on the site. Log back off your character.

2.) Vote as normal thereafter, re-log and pick up your points.

3.) You can vote on most sites every 12 hours, ideally you should be able to get 7 points every time you vote IF you follow the steps above, but ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS log into a character FIRST and BEFORE you vote.

4.) If your getting only 4 to 6 votes, you either have voted too early or aren't doing something right on one or more of the sites.

I did this, earlier on today..

IT WORKED !

Thank you very much :)

Thurngaard

Post by Thurngaard » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:44 am

Brilliant, that did it! Thanks a bunch, Blades!

Bykyan

Post by Bykyan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Hey, I've the same problem, but even with your method it can't give me more than 1 vote point a day... Am I the only one to still have this problem ?

LOOPTYDUDE

Post by LOOPTYDUDE » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 pm

I still have an issue. Seems no matter what only 1 vote point per day. I did manage once to get 7, but it has failed to repeat itself since.