School of Hard Knocks achievement

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.
tacoface

School of Hard Knocks achievement

Post by tacoface » Wed May 03, 2023 6:22 pm

This achievement was (and I imagine still is) super unpopular back when it first came out on live. PVE'rs hated it because it forced them to do PVP even though they weren't geared, skilled, or had any interest in general in playing it. PVP'rs hated it because all of a sudden a bunch of non-geared or skilled players were interrupting the thing that was fun for them for an entire week. Both sides argued for the majority of the week, and no one had a good time. I see much of the same on Mania with the added handicap of having a much lower player base than live. To their credit, many of the players here are actually trying to put together BG's specifically for this achieve on both sides, however the fighting continues and the trolls destroy those attempts by leaving the BG early and ending it for everyone.

All of that rant was directed more at Blizzard than anything, because this achievement was their stupid brainchild. I'm wondering if the Mania crew would consider just gifting School of Hard Knocks to everyone? Not the entire Children's Week set of achievements, just this one. I can't be the only one who only has a limited time to commit to this and is frustrated with the trolls who block the attempts to put together BG's specifically to help with this achieve. If not, I understand, I just thought it was worth seeing what the rest of the community thought of this idea. Thanks for listening all, and for the record this is the best WoW server out there. The admins are the best and the community for the most part is amazing. I'm happy to call Mania my home :D

AYMELEK

Re: School of Hard Knocks achievement

Post by AYMELEK » Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 am

Hello

For the past days, between 1400 SVT and 1900 SVT, players have been organizing specific queues to help each other to get the achievements, at least 20 / 30 player are getting it per day.

CMACINTYRE

Re: School of Hard Knocks achievement

Post by CMACINTYRE » Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 pm

I work during those times. It's a pain in the ass. I checked and I've been trying for this achievement for 5 years (4-29-19). It's AV that makes this near impossible.