A little bit confused

A place to talk about the PVE aspects of Redemption

A little bit confused

Postby Caitlin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't like pvp and I've the pvp disabled so I don't understando why an alliance person could kill me in the Dragonblight (near the Wyrmrest Temple). It's not really important it's an 80 pg against a 76 but if I play in a pve server I would like my status could be respected.
Thank you for the attention
Caitlin

Re: A little bit confused

Postby xPUNJABx » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:50 pm

You may have wondered into a Free for all zone or received a buff from a pvp flagged player. In which case your pvp status would have changed, until the time to return to non pvp.
xPUNJABx

Postby Arrakoan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello, if u have a question like this it is best to make a ticket ingame. Although, i can answer your question anyway so here we go.

I do not think this is a bug, if u have not engaged pvp for 5 minutes and have pvp disabled u should NOT be able to be attacked. But... Very close to Dragonblight is a PvP zone called Wintergrasp, if u enter this zone your PvP could have been enabled. With any further questions i suggest to make a ticket ingame, this is much easier with these kinds of problems.

With kind regards, Arrakoan.
Arrakoan

Postby bthigpen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

There are some zones (Southern Barrens, Hinterlands, Zangarmarsh, etc.) that flag you attackable in random areas. Since this is a PVE server, this should not be happening. Wintergrasp is a known PVP area, so I avoid that area. The other areas are quest areas for all players and PVP should not be forced on anyone.
bthigpen

Postby genasi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 am

This is correct. There are still areas around Azeroth where you can be flagged as PvP FFA.
Some of the areas are:
Southern barrens, Hinterlands, Zangarmarsh
- there are other places, those are just what I remember of the top of my head.
This is a left over from the start of the server, that the dev team have yet to rectify in spite of janitor promising to do it on several occasions.

That said, there is a world PvP area in grizzly hills that you could have flown over. It is located by the sea in the south and borders dragonblight.
genasi

Postby Kalasbyxan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello!

Seeing as our issues have greatly declined in numbers, we will revisit this again. Thank you for your patience :)
WoW-Mania GM - Arena Season/Reward Responsible - Server Veteran
Kalasbyxan
Game Master

Postby drahcircp » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 am

Happening in Desolace it seems as i run around ill get a sword and board icon next to my head than few steps it goes away than few yards it comes back. This is not the regular pvp icon I get if I type(flag) pvp. So is this a world pvp area on the PVE server?
And is it suppose to be?
drahcircp

Postby Grodos » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 am

There are several pockets of PvP left on server. You will get notification that you're flagged for PvP in the upper left corner of your screen. Just pay attention while you're crossing mentioned known locations and you'll be fine (there aren't many). Quick log out and log in will remove PvP flag if nothing else works.
Grodos

Postby Saintz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 pm

Hey Maniac's!

This is working as intended from what I can tell.

There are 4 zones in WoW that are "PvP FFA Zones" and will activate your PvP automatically upon entering these areas:

1) Cape of Stranglethorn (Almost all of Southern STV)
2) The Hinterlands (Any non-named area)
3) Southern Barrens
4) Parts of Zangarmarsh

This is intentional, and was in retail PvE realms as well if I remember correctly. I hope that answers your questions. ^.^

Sincerely,
Game Master Saintz
Saintz
Game Master

Postby Lightmare » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:51 pm

In retail there was only 1 place that flagged you FFA PvP. That was the STV Arena.

Possibly the normal arena areas too, but I think even those were modified so you wouldn't kill your own group members. Not truly FFA.
Lightmare

Next

Return to PVE - Player versus Environment