How to make WoW-Mania great again?!

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

How to make WoW-Mania great again?!

Postby popelhorst » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Hallo Freunde,

i've been playing here a long time ago and im back since a couple of weeks and it feels kinda sad, that this server feels "dead".

Its hard to find a heroic, its nearly impossible to do an RBG, wg is horde dominated, due to skill (?) or maybe just the fact that there are always a ton of more hordes then alliances.

What can wo do?

The community itself, i dont know, maybe try to recruit friends etc. ?

I find the server very attractive how it is, but i think that there should be some rebalances, especially in arena/pvp.

Lets talk about Arena:

- MMR f*cks shit up, yes, better players do have a high mmr for a reason, but why do they need 2 hours in queue for 1 match? Maybe there should be something done.
- The requirement of rating on items - its nearly impossible to grind this "high", i mean the helmet is only 1950 rating i think and the gain of + points after a win is a joke, due to the missing enemys / mmr difference. Maybe take them away, but put them on the 3s items to make them aviable for the few active 2s teams?
- RBG - i did one. in weeks. one. Make it more attractive, more honor/mp/pvp tokens (btw i didnt even get a token for the win). Maybe also reduce the amount of players needed to something less, 3? 4? Idk.

PvE

- Im in group therapy, that means a very active and friendly guild, i do not have problems finding a group but i see the complains in /world. Maybe reduce the rewards for a premade group and/or increase the rewards for a 100% random group ?
- Raiding - seems fine, i guess? (didnt raid that much yet)

Dear GM's

Giveaways are cool, but frustrating too. I've been online every day the last couple of weeks - didnt get anything - maybe do more events rather then giveaways, also dont give away a mount everytime, maybe something like i got from the "seek and find" event - a 36 slot bag. Or MP, or Transmog Tokens etc.

Global market

Well, as an alliance, its ruined, the prices are a joke, i dont know how to rebalance it. Maybe wipe off some gold every month, or check the AH regularly and delete items. I have really no clue how to balance this, but as a fresh lvl 80 with low gold, i have to do a grind that takes me longer as from 1-80 to get some gold going for profs, enchants, gems, items, flasks, etc...

Activity on the Server / Population.

Thats the biggest issue. The more players, the more fun (usually), but we do not have much. We NEED more ppl. Can you buy advertisements somewhere? Put the server up high on google? Something?

I know the server has its cost, but im GUESSING that you do have a bit money leftover to do this, more ppl = more donations.

If anyone (GM/normal Guy) wants to talk about this ingame, my name is Popelhorst and im more active ingame then in forum.

Sorry for my bad english, im german.

I really hope that the community sees this and participates in it. I want to make this server better as it is right now.

Greets, Popelhorst
popelhorst

Re: How to make WoW-Mania great again?!

Postby Janitor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

First of all, don't confuse personal experience with actual facts.
Second I can number a few aspect of the game here that is dominated by the alliance, same is valid for horde.
Also, PvP is alive and well just check the stats by yourself. We have BGs going on daily and in variety now.
Server numbers are also growing constantly.
Just be careful when stating things based on personal experience since it can affect those with not enough data.

All in all, we respect everyone's right to say what they think but they are also subjected to debunk with data and those that are clearly based on subjective point of view will be treated as exactly that.

You don't like events or free stuff? Don't take part of it.
The world market is free and we will not artificially set prices.
Wait time for Arena, given that teams are queueing are max 10 minutes.
RBG work fine and tokens are given correctly if you did not get one I would guess that is again a localized problem with your client since no one else has reported that.

I am open to constructive criticism as long as they come with viable solutions. If you just come and say "that shit is fucked up" and don't offer a suggestion you are not contributing, you are just bashing the server and that's when I will step in.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any suggestion or idea to improve the server.
For the moment, I am sorry to say, but I have very little to take out from this post.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby popelhorst » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 pm

honestly and with all respect, take off your fucking pink glasses.

One year ago this realm was ok, active, even tho pvp was low (still a pve serv, i DO understand)

But what the hell are you fucking talking about? Did you even read my post? With EVERY single "critic" i made, i also suggested a solution.

I made this post out of joy and happyness, because i do enjoy playing here, not because "shit is fucked up" i never said that, neither implied it. wth.

But w/e, github also shows there is not much going on in dev and you also dont seem to care to much, as long as the donations are right.
popelhorst

Postby Janitor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:25 pm

I think you must tone down before I really get pissed off here.

You must be fucking kidding me "not too much development"?
1435 bugs fixed in github! And that is for basically 1 single developer (2 at peak).

I repeat I have not seen a single suggestion of anything viable or that is not already implemented in some way or another and your statements continue to baffle me. I work on this server nonstop with an awesome team and we all can clearly see how things progress and improve on a weekly basis. If you are so sure things are worst I think you should be booking a new eye test appointment.

If you want to continue this feel free to message me directly.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Saintz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:08 am

popelhorst wrote:But w/e, github also shows there is not much going on in dev and you also dont seem to care to much, as long as the donations are right.

This is one of the most well scripted Servers out there thanks to the team's hard work and dedication. Every change that is made, is made with the players in mind and to make them have a better experience.

We have over 1400 bug reports that have been fixed, as Janitor said. On most servers you'll find 1400 bug reports open... We are one of the top servers in the world with hundreds of players online at a time, at all times.

In the past two weeks I have been online a lot as well. I've seen multiple kinds of events, more Rbgs every day, and more people joining every day. The players are there on both sides, we can't force them to PvP all the time if they do not want to.

When you come to this section saying "things are fucked up", we do not take that lightly. We like to believe we do all we can to keep the community happy. Since I have been here, I have seen nothing but pure dedication from this entire team; especially our developer(s). Personally I have seen a lot of servers, none were scripted as well as this one or more caring about the community.
Saintz
Game Master

Postby Metaxa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 am

popelhorst wrote:Hallo Freunde,

i've been playing here a long time ago and im back since a couple of weeks and it feels kinda sad, that this server feels "dead".

We appreciate players that care about the server. Criticism and good feedback about what can be changed to make this server even better is always welcome :)

popelhorst wrote:Its hard to find a heroic, its nearly impossible to do an RBG, wg is horde dominated, due to skill (?) or maybe just the fact that there are always a ton of more hordes then alliances.

First of all; The balance is slightly in the advantage for Horde. No "tons". 8-) Stick to the facts when you make a statement please. Heroics are harde below level 80, because of the high levelling speed, I agree. It's one way or the other. At level 80, it's pretty easy to do it with your guild or premake a group by using the world channel.

popelhorst wrote: but why do they need 2 hours in queue for 1 match? Maybe there should be something done.

Is it really that long? 2 hours? If so, we need to look into this and change. Good point!

popelhorst wrote: Im in group therapy, that means a very active and friendly guild, i do not have problems finding a group but i see the complains in /world. Maybe reduce the rewards for a premade group and/or increase the rewards for a 100% random group ?

The dungeon you are send to is random, doesn't mean the group has to be.

popelhorst wrote:Dear GM's
Giveaways are cool, but frustrating too. I've been online every day the last couple of weeks - didnt get anything - maybe do more events rather then giveaways, also dont give away a mount everytime, maybe something like i got from the "seek and find" event - a 36 slot bag. Or MP, or Transmog Tokens etc.

The last month I did some events with a lot of cool players. "Kill the GM" events, "Race" events, "Trivia"events, "Raid" events and some more. I have never seen you participate. Complaining about not winning a give away is just stupid. With 650 players online, what are the odds you win? Just be happy someone won something!

popelhorst wrote:Activity on the Server / Population.
Thats the biggest issue. The more players, the more fun (usually), but we do not have much. We NEED more ppl. Can you buy advertisements somewhere? Put the server up high on google? Something?

I really appreciate your concerns about the server population. Good ideas are always welcome. We are up from last year, the same period, but we always want more players :D

Enjoy your day and thanks for the feedback.

Gamemaster Metaxa.
Metaxa
Game Master

Postby Coma » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:13 am

Whhoooowwaaaaa ... Talk about a leetest jerk. Unreal.
Self entitled, self centered, it's all about me point of view or what.
I actually can't believe my eyes ... Really ... Really.
I'd like to say I'm sorry on behalf of the players here.

Thank you for all the work you do.
Thank you for bringing back the wow we loved.
Coma

Return to Suggestions