General Support

Fishing Achievement

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Fishing Achievement

Postby LordSpank » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello. Been working on the profession achievements and i have a question\concern about the Fishing achievement "one that didn't get away". i have been using the guide at http://www.wowhead.com/fishing-achievem ... #CraftyJaw to see what i should expect to catch. And in both the Hinterlands and Feralas i have been catching fish that seem like they should be a 'rare fish' but aren't ticking off the acheivement. I caught a 37 lb redgill but that zone is supposed to have a 22 lb catfish. That was the Hinterlands. I just caught a 45 lb redgill, but that is not in the list or the guide. Is it possible there are more than one kind of jumbo fish per zone ? or has the acheivement not been updated to match the current version of the game ? Would like to finish the achievements (as they add a nice role playing element to the game) but it doesnot seem that this one is doable. Has any one else run into this ? Have you ruun into other achievements that are problematic that i should skip ? thanks. a screenshot example (from Feralas) is attached.
Attachments
fishing 1.jpg
fishing 1.jpg (111.39 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
LordSpank

Re: Fishing Achievement

Postby whitephoenix » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi, if you look at list you will see a 52poud redgill... maybe you need fish a bigger one? :P
whitephoenix

Postby Janitor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Check what you have and check what is actually needed. :)
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby stefannel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

Hello,
Overall, I am not fully documented on what XY pounds of fish should drop on what area. I do remember getting those achievments while fishing in Feralas (in horde base if you're horde). You won't get it immediately, but depending on luck, maybe after 100-300 attempts.
stefannel

Return to Support