Stop The Abuse vs Pet Classes in Instances

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Stop The Abuse vs Pet Classes in Instances

Postby baronvh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Currently it is common to see players skipping mobs in certain instances to save time by hugging walls, climbing and walking along ledges - this is common in PoS and FoS but is extremely abusive vs pet classes in instances like Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Drak Tharon Keep, Gundrak and The Nexus. Hunters and Warlocks have a larger aggro range due to their pets running beside them. Instance members frequently demand pet classes totally dismiss their pets for the entire run so they could hug walls and ledges to skip mobs and get to bosses in the shortest amount of time.

Hunters and Warlocks with pets out will be blamed for aggroing mobs due to their larger aggro radius with pets running next to them. What is going on currently totally breaks the mechanics and gameplay for both pet classes - Hunters and Warlocks

Fights and berating is common when a hunter or warlock accidentally aggro pulls a mob pack as this skipping and wall hugging is practiced. I believe this is an abuse against the intended game mechanics where classes with pets cannot play with their pets out at all or get berated by their instance partners!

I would like to call on the devs to improve mob placements by shifting their positions to block 'skipping' paths alonf all the mentioned instances above so packs will have to be cleared by the entire instance team - which is the correct mechanics - instead of allowing non-pet classes to wall and ledge hug to skip and demand pet classes to shut down their main dps and mechanics.
baronvh

Re: Stop The Abuse vs Pet Classes in Instances

Postby Aymelek » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello

The instance refered are working as they should. However, you can explicate with more details the points refered, so it can be looked into.
Game Master Aymelek - Discord: Aymelek#0977

Support:
Discord: Janitor#2871
E-mail: support@wow-mania.com

Website & Social Media
Facebook: facebook.com/wowmaniauk
YouTube: WoW-Mania Private Server Ltd
Discord: discord.gg/R6DcdcP
Aymelek
Game Master

Postby baronvh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 am

Hi Aymelewk, not sure why you didn't get the message above, but to help you understand I'll simplify it:

1. People skip everything in instances using narrow paths and ledges
2. Hunters and Warlocks cannot skip due to pet aggro range
3. Dungeon runners demand hunters and warlocks play without pets so they can skip and fast run.
4. Fights and abuse happens in runs when hunter/warlock aggros mobs with pet

Solution:

Have a Dev go into instances listed above and:

1. Add invisible walls to prevent skipping
2. Move mob positions so all needs to be cleared and cannot be skipped

Result:

1. Dungeon runners will no longer be able to skip and have to clear dungeons as intended
2. Hunters and warlocks can play with their pets out - proper game mechanics.
baronvh

Postby Aymelek » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello

As I have told you, as the instance are working as they should (having mobs and bosses skippables) a dev will not look at it. If you provide, for example, a complete suggestion, with more details, maybe we could prevent some "skips".
Game Master Aymelek - Discord: Aymelek#0977

Support:
Discord: Janitor#2871
E-mail: support@wow-mania.com

Website & Social Media
Facebook: facebook.com/wowmaniauk
YouTube: WoW-Mania Private Server Ltd
Discord: discord.gg/R6DcdcP
Aymelek
Game Master

Postby baronvh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 am

I still don't get why you don't understand the suggestions above , would you like me to simplify it further? Thank you.
baronvh

Return to Suggestions