General Support

Torrent IP trackers

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Torrent IP trackers

Postby kitd » Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 pm

I should have known better than to open utorrent without a proxy, but I did. That's on me.

Regardless, I wanted to let you know that ip echelon is all over your client torrent. I have a DMCA/infringment notice in my mailbox the morning after downloading the client.

Highly recommend putting a recommendation on the download page to ensure your using a VPN or proxy to download the client.
kitd

Re: Torrent IP trackers

Postby JuNNeZ » Tue May 29, 2018 9:41 am

Greetings, thanks for your post. You should always use a VPN if you're not sure. DMCA notices doesn't move that fast, it takes weeks or months of research to be able to prove it was indeed you. I recommend sending them a message back telling them that you have no knowledge of the DMCA infringement and you believe someone might be piggybacking on your router, and that you've re-secured your router. Keep denying all knowledge.

Sincerely,
JuNNeZ
JuNNeZ

Re: Torrent IP trackers

Postby Allureana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 am

I took my laptop to a local library and used their Wi-Fi (NOT the library PC's that use my library account login!) and downloaded the client there. I did not play the game from the library, but only downloaded the client. Regardless of whether or not they logged the IP address, they could only tell it was done at a public library, not who did it. If I'd been at home, I'd have used a VPN to get the client.
Allureana

Return to Support