Ice mage.

Discuss the different classes and their abilities in here!
Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior and Demon Hunter

Ice mage.

Postby Bhartwell129 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm

First time playing a ice mage anyone have a guild for a build? I wanna do PvE raids. Tips and whatnot would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Bhartwell129

Re: Ice mage.

Postby fjaps » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 am

Frost mages are for leveling and pvp (and arcane for pvp, due to high burst).
when lvl 70 and ready for raids, then Fire is the better choice.
fjaps

Postby slaniaxx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 pm

I'd like to contradict that.

Frost Mage's have good crowd control (freeze, slow etc.) and somewhat decent damage(as all mages do).
This CC ability makes them perform well in pvp as well as solo leveling.

Arcane Mage's on the other hand have good burst damage and easier to play at a decent level(although Arcane is considered a hard spec to play/master at higher gear levels.) Also in a PvE situation Arcane is less gear-dependent then fire spec.
As such Arcane Mage's perform (usually) above Fire Mage's at Fresh-80 and below 5.5k(minimum) gear levels.

Fire Mage's are usually considered the top PvE spec. Fire's problem is it's somewhat harder to play(still easier than many other class/specs) and gear-dependent. Mostly Fire specs (there are a few such as TTW or LB) are used when a player has at least %55 self buffed crit chance + 2600+ Spellpower.

While Arcane and Fire are both considered well for PvE, many other things like gear,gems,glyphs, talents and especially skill&practice are major modifiers.

A skilled Arcane Mage always out-damages a fire mage of lesser skill & same gear.

If you want to be a Mage Dps (which imo is the best class in game), I'd advise you to google and read a few guides(you can pm me anytime for guide links)
PM Keristraza, Starweaver or Starclaws in-game for any kind of help :)
slaniaxx

Ice mage

Postby exhisk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 am

Same here, cant seem to detect any black ice nodes. How can we farm black ice if it cant detect the nodes?????

exhisk

Postby TwEirMAdAInG » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:20 pm

http://wow-pro.com/wowpro_archive/mage_ ... d_tips_180
Gnarly Guides have a good range, but I find them very generic.
http://www.gnarlyguides.com/class-guides

Note: If you come across guides on wowcrafters.com, these are good guides but they are always uncredited copies from other places.
http://www.thewowcrafters.com/2011/05/m ... ld_15.html
Look at the frost mage one, it's the same guide, word for word, that is posted on wow-pro.
TwEirMAdAInG

Return to Class Discussions