Potential pop increase and overall ideas for the server

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Potential pop increase and overall ideas for the server

Postby Moskri » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Hello, I have started playing on this server in 2016 with occasional pauses. I have enjoyed the time spent playing on it so I would really like to see it restored to its former glory.
Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way we, players could effectively help promote the server besides voting? Perhaps it would be a good idea to redesign the youtube video promotion system showcased on the main page. Perhaps even add a new way to encourage people to promote the server. The Refer-A-Friend mechanic could be a great tool towards accomplishing this(adding new rewards for bringing new players). Another way could be advertisements but i don't know how effective this would be as it is a paid service.
That way, maybe more people would be interested in spreading word of the server. In addition to this I agree with the previously stated point that the VIP function is unbalanced due to the dissonance between xp and gold income. Redesigning it could result in more players being interested in VIP and thus increase the server income.
Another point I wanted to discuss is the website. I've seen people on the forum complain about it being outdated yet no one really made any constructive suggestions regarding the issue. I believe an effective way to make it feel more alive would be adding new artwork, showcases, MOTD, server-exclusive events, such as occasional transmog/art contests or polls/questions. My thought is that this would make players feel more involved in the server. I don't know much about website coding besides basic HTML so I won't reflect on that aspect of the website.
In the end, I would like to hear everyone else's opinion regarding these ideas. I may have missed some points or been unspecific in some ways so I'm open to any questions or criticism.
Last edited by Moskri on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moskri

Re: Potential population increase ideas

Postby Janitor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:15 am

There are many ways players can help with spreading the name of our server...

Post on game forums: AC-Web, Ownedcore, ElitePvPers, etc.
Social Media shares and posts.
Youtube: POst and send us videos of your raids
Twitter
Twitch
etc...

Word of mouth (and peer pressure) is the most powerful weapon in this field though. So it's all on you. :)

We try hard to advertise and make sure our server appears in as many places as possible but we do need the player's help also.

The other points you mentioned are not connected with player pop so I will not touch on them.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Moskri » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply, Janitor. I will try my best to get more players to the server.

Janitor wrote:
The other points you mentioned are not connected with player pop so I will not touch on them.

I didn't think they are not connected, as they may indirectly make the server more accessible and thus get more players to stick around, or at least stay on the server, however I've changed the title anyway, I don't want to be misleading. Thanks for the heads-up! :D
Moskri

Postby stefannel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 am

Janitor wrote:There are many ways players can help with spreading the name of our server...

I have also said this last week and over and over times but it kinda evades the server staff.

In 2018 you need to have an active social media account(twitter, facebook) and active main page.
If players don't see activity they will say it's dead and not attractive and staff doesn't communicate with the community.

When a GM creates an event, you take 1-2 print screens and post it on facebook or twitter. Each weekend, when 2-3 GMs make a bigger event (like kill a GM boss) make few more screen shots and put them on the MAIN PAGE.
You need to tell people "look, we have active staff, people are having fun here! Come join us!"

You can post on 1000 forums if ppl come and see dead main page/no announcments, they will go pass.

I look on main page: dead for 2 years (nothing new). Your wow-mania FB full of memes that don't tell me anything (probably I can find better ones on imgur).

Advertisment will only get people to visit your page/social media account. They will give you exactly 2 minutes. If you don't show them how fun is here, they will forget and mark the posts as spam.
stefannel

Re: Potential pop increase and overall ideas for the server

Postby Moskri » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 pm

stefannel wrote:Advertisment will only get people to visit your page/social media account. They will give you exactly 2 minutes. If you don't show them how fun is here, they will forget and mark the posts as spam.

I agree, I believe it is important to leave a good first impression
Moskri

Re: Potential pop increase and overall ideas for the server

Postby Silent » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Can we link the rdf and pvp q's across both realms?
Silent

Return to Suggestions