Why is CATA cool

General discussion about our Cataclysm Public Test Realm.

Why is CATA cool

Postby Sale » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:44 pm

I really never understand why there is so much hate toward Cata...
I know that wotlk was(and still is) great expansion but still...
I can only see it as this example
your gf break up with you because of other guy, that is better looking, has job, car, his apartment, more money than you and f your gf better than you... well ofc you will hate that guy, everyone hates me its natural (jk lol )

But let me tell you my point of view of cata, and why I think that is really great expansions.
Let`s start with things that are implemented to wow-mania wotlk server

-TRANSMOGRIFICATION! This shit is amazing and give so much to role playing part of game! It truly enchant gaming experience!
-Azeroth flying!
-New dudu shapeshifting appearance.
-New mounts and pets!
-Worgen and goblin new races, that give more fun to game.
-Higher resolution characters!
-High resolution game, where stormwind looks amazing!
-HQ and better spell animations.
-New zones.
-Archaeology!

-Dungeons now HAVE MAPS! Now when you enter wailing caverns you will not spend 2 hours with people wondering what boss you missed, and where bosses are located! Dungeons also now have all quests on very entreance of dungeon so you dont have to go and doo chain thrall quest, fly to Thunder Bluff and Undercity to collect all Ragefire related quests! Also when you die in dungeon they put your spirit in front of dungeon, so if you doing Blackrock depths dungeon and you guys wipe, you will not have to wait 40 min for that tank to find his way back to dungeon, or in Zangarmash dungeons in outland when healer spend 1 hour trying to find enterence, and you cant explain to him to go trough pipe in water!

-New Guild system and perks, guild get benefit from more players there are, and also give benefit back. Guild reputation and leveling, more experience gained, increased mount speed, and gathering profession bonus, and on top of all that MASS RESURRECTION and MASS SUMMON!

-New heirlooms head and back from guild reputation for gold.
-More glyphts, primal glyph added plus 3 more minor glyphs.
-NEW TALENTS! I will say something about this because for some reason everyone hates new talents...

-Capital cities quartermaster with Tabards for reputation and few items, plus 16s slot bag for 2 gold (or less) only 1 for each capital (6max)
-Daily quests added in capital cities for fishing and cooking that also increase skill level when completed.
-Improoved events!
-DARKMOON FAIR changed to another level, now has it own zone Darkmoon Island with amazing attractions, quests, new items, fun pvp, fishing and sick items for xmog and for fun.

-And for the end new raids and raid finder.

Well as a player who spent over 2 and half years on wow mania wotlk server, I have around 10x lvl 80, with 3 chars I did end game raiding and I did about every raid there is in game spread to all chars... When I exclude raiding and leveling new toons... there is nothing more to do on server beside pvp, and chasing some crap achievements or mounts/pets.

Cata added so much things to do, and to enjoy while doing it. But let me say something about talents that everyone seems to hate so much.

Talents in cata are so fucking AMAZING! There is talent specialization if I take shaman for example, he gets on lvl 10 stuff that he would get on lvl 50, and that make leveling easier and way fun!!! Resto shaman get earth shield on lvl 10 not on lvl 50 so in dungeons it is fun for very start! Enhancment shamy get dual vield on lvl 10 and that is so fucking good, now I dont have to wear shield 50 levels I can actually use both weapons!!!! Or frost mage, he get water elemental on lvl 10, not on lvl 50!
And you still can spend you talent points as you wish, like in wotlks! IT IS AMAZING!!! so god!

Now let say something about raid finder and new raids.
I did enjoyed raiding in firelands and dragon soul back on retail, fighting deathwing was very fun, and high skill demanding fight, fight on his back and jumping on platforms, killing tentacles and shit. I agree that is not even close compared with icc 25hc, but still it is very demanding raid, and not everyone can do it at least not heroic.
And raid finder... I think that this is great feature, it give chance that people who are not into best guilds chance to raid and get items, not just get items from heroic FOS, POS, HOR, and sit in dalaran with 5,6k gs and quiting game because he cant find guild that is raiding when that person has time....
raid finder is same as pug, just much easier to get in.

The only wish I had is that blizzard put battle pets into cata not in mop... that would make this expansion even more fun!!!

EDIT:
I forgot to mention hunters! They now have pet from lvl 1, well that is cute, but not big deal hunters would get pet at lv l10 in wotlk, but it is nice detail. but more important is that they no longer have mana (wohooo) and no longer have ammo.
I like an idea of ammo, however, the part of having only 3 bags and ammo pouch is so fucking bad! Backpack and 3x16s bags are nothing! If you have pvp set, HS, wow mania mall and arena teleport stone, swis army knife, jeews, mail, mote extractor, wormhole generator, fish feast, flask, health potion, and haste potion... you already have half of your storage full! And with some loot like frozen orb, crtystals, esences and dusts, frostwave cloth and quest items if you doing quest... you ar fucked and you cant even collect few titanium ores if you bump on them because you have no space!
Sale

Re: Why is CATA cool

Postby stefannel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:39 pm

I see you've mentioned "Raid Finder cool".
Imagine PUG (world chat) raids. People get invited based on gear level and their achievemnts (like 5k and achievment for icc 25 normal) and they still wipe easily after 2-3 bosses in ICC.
Now imagine these invites happening without any kind of gear requienment, without tactic/achievment requirenment, without even any time requirenment (to stay online for 1-2 hours at least). Imagine raiding with a person who just hit lvl 80 and has no idea what raid is and what is the bare minimum in a tactic.
But hey! enjoy raid finder! ENjoy spending 3 hours on a 15 mins boss.
Ah yeah, and after 3 hours a healer or tank to roll for your dps trinket. Why ? Because they can ofc!. Just like when you farm 20 days for needle-encrusted scorpion from FOS heroic just to be taken by the tank.
stefannel

Re: Why is CATA cool

Postby Sale » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 am

stefannel wrote:I see you've mentioned "Raid Finder cool".
Imagine PUG (world chat) raids. People get invited based on gear level and their achievemnts (like 5k and achievment for icc 25 normal) and they still wipe easily after 2-3 bosses in ICC.
Now imagine these invites happening without any kind of gear requienment, without tactic/achievment requirenment, without even any time requirenment (to stay online for 1-2 hours at least). Imagine raiding with a person who just hit lvl 80 and has no idea what raid is and what is the bare minimum in a tactic.
But hey! enjoy raid finder! ENjoy spending 3 hours on a 15 mins boss.
Ah yeah, and after 3 hours a healer or tank to roll for your dps trinket. Why ? Because they can ofc!. Just like when you farm 20 days for needle-encrusted scorpion from FOS heroic just to be taken by the tank.

Well I had some really really bad pugs in my life, where 10nm is over after 3 bosses down, or wipe on ship or saurfang... people go afk and never return in icc 25nm... I also saw people have 264 ilvl pvp items so they have gs to join raid, or dps war with BoE items like tank ring intelect belt and intelect shield...
Also I never ever saw for 10 or 25 nm raid that anyone ask for achievements.... I am 2.5 years on server and no one ever ask me to link my achievement....

You still can LFG, do guild raids and stuff... but you have to realize that there are people who never raided not because they are bad, but their time zones are not same, and time of raid is not good for that person. And 1 or 2 guys that make pug in world chat ether reserve shards, or they are full with warriors, or person dont want to inv him, so he dont roll against him on some item, or for something he said in world chat, or he steal his gf

And also Raid finder is faster... someone making PUG, and he spend 1 hour spamming world chat for LFM... that sux,
and also if you join PUG group and after 30 min you still missing 2 tanks and 3 healers and you leave, raid leader will put you on ignore... I saw that happen!

and also in cata if you see someone do not belong to raid group, you can kick him... or if you see there are a lot bad people in rdf, you can leave that group and join another.... so many options bro... :D

And for ninjing items.... that happen to me so many times with pug or even with guild....
PUG, icc 25nm I was frost dk and on hand sword drop, I had highest roll it was dps sword, and raid leader even I had highest roll said it was tank item and give it to tank.... in same raid I rolled for quest items on fest and rot AND WON, and he give it to another guy... I did not cared, because I was there for frosts not for items, but someone would get fucked over so hard....
I even end up being really good friend with that guy after couple months...

and guild raid.... I got carried away and wrote like 20 rows here lol :D
I stop playing wotlk because in my guild we were using EPGP system, it was really good thing, but after some time, people decided to skip rules and use this system as they see fit, and transform it into DKP disregarding mainspec>offspec and go for priority over mainspec, so people who had BEST IN SLOT items, they take BEST IN SLOT for offspec even if someone needed for mainspec... so 3 weeks we did 3 LoD`s = 36 bosses and 3 RS 25 hc and I did not get 1 single item, and it dropped like 6-7 marks but I could not get 1... I even talked with guild leader 2 times, after third time I just quited....
Sale

Return to Blackwing Lair (4.3.4)