General Support

Voting virus?

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Voting virus?

Postby mark1973 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi,I have just went to vote and when i clicked on top g 100 my antivirus came up with **we've safley aborted conection on wow-mini.com because it was infected with URL:Phishing**...The antivirus that i am using is avast,any ideas to this please?
mark1973

Re: Voting virus?

Postby mark1973 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Just to add,it also did the same yesterday at 8:16pm according to my antivirus notifications log
mark1973

Postby Janitor » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Absolutely nothing to do with us. Where you click while on other sites is entirely your responsibility.
Having said that I doubt there is any virus in any of the voting sites. What you see is some overzealous anti-virus trying to pretend it is working hard for the money you paid. :)
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby mark1973 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 am

Janitor wrote:Absolutely nothing to do with us. Where you click while on other sites is entirely your responsibility.
Having said that I doubt there is any virus in any of the voting sites. What you see is some overzealous anti-virus trying to pretend it is working hard for the money you paid. :)
I have spoken in game to someone and they have looked at this site and said it contains 5 issues,also i have had to quarrentine some malware regarding that site...I see your pushing for people to vote on world chat but how can you expect people to take the risk to vote when comments like this do nothing to reasure people that these sites are safe and secure...oh and for the record,my antivirus picked up the same thing for the past 3 days running so clearly theres an issue that needs looking at further...let me know when this has been fixed cause until then I wont be taking any risks of getting hacked by voting and i seriously hope other people do the same,I just wonder where is my vip support going as its clearly not going on things like protecting people from getting hacked for doing something so nice by showing thier support,your comment has just saved me from spending anymore of my hard earnt cash on anything to do with wow mania
mark1973

Postby Vousalan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:14 pm

mark1973 wrote:
Janitor wrote:Absolutely nothing to do with us. Where you click while on other sites is entirely your responsibility.
I have spoken in game to someone and they have looked at this site and said it contains 5 issues,also i have had to quarrentine some malware regarding that site...I see your pushing for people to vote on world chat but how can you expect people to take the risk to vote when comments like this do nothing to reasure people that these sites are safe and secure...oh and for the record,my antivirus picked up the same thing for the past 3 days running so clearly theres an issue that needs looking at further...let me know when this has been fixed cause until then I wont be taking any risks of getting hacked by voting and i seriously hope other people do the same,I just wonder where is my vip support going as its clearly not going on things like protecting people from getting hacked for doing something so nice by showing thier support,your comment has just saved me from spending anymore of my hard earnt cash on anything to do with wow mania

Hello,

After checking the website there does not seem to be any virus that I can see of, As Janitor said it is your responsibility as it has nothing to do with our website it is a vote site, At this time I think it would be your virus removal software that is over doing its job and detecting nothing. at this time it would be at your discretion to use the site or not.

Best Regards,
GM Vouslan
Thank you,
Game Master Vousalan
Vousalan
Game Master

Return to Support