Map regions

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Map regions

Postby sscoltock » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:24 am

On the map screen when I mouse over a region the level range for that region used to (in retail) appear at the top and in the same colour code used for quests ie Red=don't go there, green=cake walk. In wow-mania I just get the region name.

Like this...

Am I missing something or was it something that came with a later patch
sscoltock

Re: Map regions

Postby Xerjol » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 am

The level range is correct, the colour however...Well, not much i can say about that. I do remember such addons from back in the day, like they'd have a yellow colour for medium difficulty and such...
I'd say... Don't pay any attention to the colour, as the minimum level it shows is the level you can get the first quests and the max level is the level you'll get your last quests (meaning, you CAN get really difficulty quests either in the beginning or the end of the zone, like ones that ask you to farm mobs 4 levels above you and such but it's not guaranteed, it's all up to balancing of the zone)
But in the end, the zones will stay relevant slightly above the zone's max level number on your addon, and you are sure to get quests at it's minimum level, so don't be afraid to just go over to the zone and try it out. Besides, as a human you don't have much of a choice. It has always been Elwynn, Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood and then STV. I mena, you can go over to dwarf zones and so on, but that'd be a waste of time (got a little off-topic).

The reason why im telling you to ignore the colour is because Blizzard did design the zones for those levels, so they ARE doable and it does mean you have to give them a try (some zones are also harder than other ones because of improper balancing, horrible spawns and so on but does not mean you have to go elsewhere to grind levels).
Seraxe <3
Xerjol

Postby sscoltock » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:05 pm

My point was I don't see the level range at all
sscoltock

Postby Xerjol » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

sscoltock wrote:My point was I don't see the level range at all

Ugh, sorry about that previous post, had a few drinks when i made the previous post thus leading me to misunderstanding you.

So, i have 3 ideas coming to my mind.
1. Your addon might be outdated, meaning it was made for an earlier patch or a later one thus leading to compatibility issues.
Be sure to check the version you downloaded was for 335a.
2. Some addons were made for earlier patches but are fully compatible with 335a, however in such cases you have to go back to your character select screen, click on addons and then tick the "load outdated addons" or something along those lines.
3. This is highly unlikely but if you're using wow-mania's custom client, it might be interfering with the addon. But this is just a speculation, which IMO could be possible(?) but highly unlikely.
P.S just throwing this out there, sometimes it happens - Check if you actually added the addon to their folder or even at all.
Seraxe <3
Xerjol

Postby sscoltock » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:22 am

NP I do the same. Thanks for your input

I installed carbonite which makes everything peachy ;)
sscoltock

Return to General Chat