Low fps

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
ZOOM

Low fps

Post by ZOOM » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:10 pm

Hello every1, I have a problem with fps. I had to reinstall mania since i couldnt log in. I never had problem with fps, was always steady 60fps on ultra settings. Since I reinstalled i have max 27 fps and my pc should do alot more for a game 15 years old. Everything is up to date so I rly dont know what else to try. Sync and cursors are off also.

Blades137

Re: Low fps

Post by Blades137 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:33 pm

I had the same problem a while back, I found it was a driver update to my video card causing the issue. Had only updated the driver a few days before. Tested the theory out on my wife's computer, she still was running the same older driver and had nearly identical specs to my computer. Once I updated her drivers, the exact same problem occurred, low FPS, and freezing while playing. Reverted both our drivers back to the older versions previously used... and viola... problem solved.

I haven't updated since, mainly because I only at the moment am playing this server and D3, that was several months ago.

Give that a try and see what happens...