DK spellpower, intellect, spirit...

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
TAHAYAN

DK spellpower, intellect, spirit...

Post by TAHAYAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi! Do anyone know, it is possible to wear full set on DK with spellpower, intellect etc like a mage?
I’m not sure it will work correctly. I know DK use spells like ice, fire(blood) and death(unholy) can be this skills bosted by intellect, I mean with spell power? Can someone explain me, how it work? I know basic stats are STR and STA. What happens if we replece it with intellect and spellpower? Better? or wrost?
Did anyone try it out? :?:

Blades137

Re: DK spellpower, intellect, spirit...

Post by Blades137 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:45 pm

In a nutshell, your damage will absolutely TANK (no pun intended).

The class is designed to work off Strength as the primary DPS increase, increasing Intellect or Spellpower will have ZERO effect on increasing your damaging attacks., it will actually have the reverse effect if you use gear that has those stats (Int, SP), your DPS will drop substantially.

Granted your attacks are considered "spells", but are really elemental based attacks, the only boost to damage you will see is via Strength, NOTHING else will increase DPS.

BLACKHELM36

Re: DK spellpower, intellect, spirit...

Post by BLACKHELM36 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Strength and Stamina are your main stats but Death Knights use a combination of abilities and spells, so both melee hit and spell hit are essential stats. In raids, you want to have 8% of Hit (or 263 rating) for your melee abilities. Spells require 17% of Spell Hit, but with Virulence talent and Misery or Improved Faerie Fire on the target, the requirement is reduced to 11% (or 289 rating). A standard soft cap of 26 Expertise is advised, but it’s not as necessary as capping Hit rating.