New player seeking World PVP?

A place to talk about the PVP aspects of Redemption

New player seeking World PVP?

Postby Dredead » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 am

Hey guys!

I've been scouring for a good WotLK server with a good world PVP environment like Gurubashi etc. Is there a scene for that type of thing here? Also, how is the population level in general?

Thanks a lot in advance
Dredead

Re: New player seeking World PVP?

Postby Kalasbyxan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Hello!

Redemption is a PVE realm and it appears that a vast majority of the server prefer it that way. We do what we can to bounce ideas and make changs to promote PVP overall, which shows results in PVP participation.

The world PVP you speak of is not a major thing here with us - yet. I suppose we truly do need players like yourself for that to happen :) There are occasional city fights and NPC killing but from what I (as a GM, not a player) experience, it's not to the extent you're mentioning.

Overall population is atm peaking around 800 on evenings server time, but you can always follow online player statistics at the website - server.
WoW-Mania GM - Arena Season/Reward Responsible - Server Veteran
Kalasbyxan

Postby YellowJacketXV » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 am

That's actually...really sad.

I'm gonna miss having random Allys drop on my head or that tense moment when you see someone your level trying to do the same quest and are contemplating whether or not they will act first. Or that gut-wrenching feeling when you see someone max level randomly riding through your leveling area and praying they don't want to just look at you funny as well as the sensation when you get there and look back in reverse.

Born and raised on a world pvp server. I'm gonna miss the silly shenanigans.
YellowJacketXV

Postby stefannel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

I always leveled up on world pvp areas where pvp flag was disabled and I recall having to use pvp addons from lvl 25 or so. It makes the game more alive and more pvp willingly. I hope things will improve here
stefannel

Postby Shay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Maybe there is a way you can make it so that players can turn pvp on and off? So this way everyone gets what they want? I like world pvp..
Shay

Postby stefannel » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Shay wrote:Maybe there is a way you can make it so that players can turn pvp on and off? So this way everyone gets what they want? I like world pvp..

The pvp flag can be switched on and off and it does work. Some ppl prefer to keep it off, other prefer it on but it does work fine.
The issue is at lvl 80 there is no pvp, no battlegrounds..
I have been pushing into convincing the admins to decrease the wintergrasp rewards (0 mp , 500 honor) and populating battlegrounds.
It is simply silly management to not populate pvp/battlegrounds and determine people to go to "the other server' where they can have 1-2-3 hours of good pvp/vote it/ encouraging others to join there..
The "pve" aspect won't last for long admins....
If pvp doesn't get revamped ...
stefannel

Postby Kalasbyxan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:23 pm

stefannel wrote:
Shay wrote:Maybe there is a way you can make it so that players can turn pvp on and off? So this way everyone gets what they want? I like world pvp..

The pvp flag can be switched on and off and it does work. Some ppl prefer to keep it off, other prefer it on but it does work fine.
The issue is at lvl 80 there is no pvp, no battlegrounds..
I have been pushing into convincing the admins to decrease the wintergrasp rewards (0 mp , 500 honor) and populating battlegrounds.
It is simply silly management to not populate pvp/battlegrounds and determine people to go to "the other server' where they can have 1-2-3 hours of good pvp/vote it/ encouraging others to join there..
The "pve" aspect won't last for long admins....
If pvp doesn't get revamped ...

Please provide feedback of what revamp you are talking about. We are doing a lot in order to improve PVP but we don't want to stray from blizzlike too much and so far, whatever we did, players haven't stepped up as we hope.
WoW-Mania GM - Arena Season/Reward Responsible - Server Veteran
Kalasbyxan

Return to PVP - Player versus Player