Just updated to new client, won't go past launcher

Do you have connection issues?
Make a thread here and a staff member will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
This forum is STRICTLY for connection issues!
No in-game issues!
Tephulis

Just updated to new client, won't go past launcher

Post by Tephulis » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:05 pm

I just copied the files over to the root file to update to the new version. Started game and new launcher came up and asked for where the realmlist was at. Double checked correct and clicked ok. Launcher comes up and checks for updates. When the play button comes available, I click it but nothing happens and the game doesn't load. I have rebooted and only the launcher comes up. Can you tell me what I missed?

Tephulis

Re: Just updated to new client, won't go past launcher

Post by Tephulis » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:10 pm

So, I got this fixed. The properties of the realmlist had the read-only checked. I unchecked it and now runs fine!

mfranca915

Post by mfranca915 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:07 am

Good to hear it's fixed, Tephulis.

Yes, it's always best to confirm that the whole game directory for WoW-Mania is set to NOT read-only. You can go to the Properties settings for the game directory, uncheck the read-only box, and it will ask you if you would like to update the read-only setting for all files and directories included inside the game directory; this is recommended.

zeistnoi

Post by zeistnoi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:16 am

The update process itself went smoothly, and I eagerly launched the client, expecting to dive into the updated features and improvements. To my dismay, the launcher seems to be the final destination, as the client refuses to move past this point.
Snow Rider 3D
I've tried various troubleshooting steps, including restarting my computer, checking for updates, and even reinstalling the entire client. Unfortunately, none of these efforts have proven successful, leaving me stuck in a perpetual loop of launching the client only to be met with the unyielding presence of the launcher.

lunadam

Post by lunadam » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:32 am

It's frustrating when a game update doesn't work as expected. Based on your description, there are a few things that might be causing the issue:

1. Incomplete Transfer:

While you mentioned copying the files to the root directory, there's a chance not all files were transferred correctly.
Some games require specific configurations or folders to be moved in infinite craft addition to the core game files.
2. Conflicting Files:

Sometimes, leftover files from the previous version can conflict with the new update.
Try completely removing the game folder and then reinstalling the updated version.
3. Launcher Issues:

The new launcher might be encountering a problem.
Try running the launcher as administrator.
You can also try deleting the launcher configuration files (usually located in a separate folder within the game directory) to force the launcher to re-download them.
4. Corrupted Files:

During the transfer process, some files might have become corrupted.
Try verifying the game files through the launcher (if available) or re-downloading the update.
Here's what you can do next:

Check the official documentation or forums: The game developer might have specific instructions for updating the game.
Search online forums: Other players might have encountered similar issues and found solutions.
Contact game support: If none of the above solutions work, reach out to the game's support team for further assistance.
Make sure to provide detailed information about the issue, including the game name, version, the steps you took, and any error messages you encountered. This will help the support team diagnose the problem and provide a more specific solution.