Can not connect

Do you have connection issues?
Make a thread here and a staff member will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
This forum is STRICTLY for connection issues!
No in-game issues!
Mordridt

Can not connect

Post by Mordridt » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:41 pm

I can not connect to the server. I dl'ed the game from the link, placed it as a root file on the c drive, checked the realmlist, ran the launcher as admin, waited through all the updates. When I click play I get error popup that says, "Failed to open archive common.MPQ." Any suggestions?

Eronox

Re: Can not connect

Post by Eronox » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Seems your folder could be read-only protected.

Try these steps:

* Move the WoW folder to C:\
* WoW folder > Properties > remove "read-only"

See if this helps.
There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

henryjamesss

Post by henryjamesss » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:03 am

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing while trying to connect to the server and encountering the "Failed to open archive common.MPQ" error. It seems like you've taken several troubleshooting steps, including downloading the game, placing it correctly, checking the realmlist, and running the launcher as an administrator. However, the error suggests that there might be an issue with accessing or opening the common.MPQ file. To resolve this, I suggest verifying the integrity of the game(https://stickwarapk.download/) files through the game's built-in options or settings, as this can help identify and fix any corrupted or missing files. If the issue persists, reaching out to the game's support team or community forums for further assistance would be beneficial. Providing specific details about your system and game version will aid them in providing targeted help. Best of luck resolving the issue and getting back to enjoying the game!

zeistnoi

Post by zeistnoi » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:47 am

From fostering connections and fostering infinite craft competition to stimulating creativity and innovation, the impact of online gaming transcends mere entertainment, shaping the way we socialize, compete, and explore in the digital age.