General Support

Client still 2.5.0

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Client still 2.5.0

Postby phatjedi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:47 pm

I've launched the game from the launcher as usual, but my game client still reads 2.5.0 on the bottom left corner. Launcher said it should read 2.5.1. Tried what i did before to get on to 2.5.0 to no avail, please advise. Thanks :)
phatjedi

Re: Client still 2.5.0

Postby svitol » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:34 pm

My Client is 2.5.0 aswell but this is because the Launcher doesn't work even if I checked everything ( and everything is ok ) , even if I tryed to download the patches, new launcher, the entire package (from torrent ) and installing on a different harddrive .

Launcher start and close after couple seconds doin nothing .
svitol

Postby Wolchara » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:43 pm

phatjedi wrote:I've launched the game from the launcher as usual, but my game client still reads 2.5.0 on the bottom left corner. Launcher said it should read 2.5.1. Tried what i did before to get on to 2.5.0 to no avail, please advise. Thanks :)

Same here. Tried everything I can think of, the game is still 2.5.0. The lancher won't download update.
Wolchara

Postby Aymelek » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Hello there :)

Uncheck the Read Only from Wow Mania folder and run launcher as admin, that should force the update.

See you in game ;)
Game Master Aymelek

Support:
Discord: Janitor#2871
E-mail: support@wow-mania.com

Website & Social Media
Facebook: facebook.com/wowmaniauk
YouTube: WoW-Mania Private Server Ltd
Discord: discord.gg/R6DcdcP
Aymelek
Game Master

Postby mightystag » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 pm

I have done as was suggested above, I've unchecked read only on the folder, and ran the launcher as administrator. No change, launcher opens, checks for update and closes.

I just downloaded the launcher yesterday, so I'd like to think it's not that.

Please help
mightystag

Postby Mooncrescent88 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm

I just finished downloading the game and am encountering the same problem. Read Only has been unchecked, launcher says "downloading checking for patch updates" shows at 100% but nothing is happening and I cant press play. Any more help would be appreciated.
Mooncrescent88

Postby Meneltel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 am

I also cant uncheck the read only option. Not sure if its another setting elsewhere on my computer or what. Im still at the 2.5.0 for now, last time I had to re download the files and re-install it. A pain but I will do that if I need to. I know ill have some minor graphic glitches with still running the older 2.5.0. Is it critical yet to get 2.5.1?
Meneltel

Postby Janitor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 am

You need to do the following:

1. Move the wow client to the root of your driver (Ex.: c:\wow-mania)
2. Make sure that the file realmlist.wtf is NOT read-only
3. Make sure the client folder is not read-only either
4. Add the client folder to the list of exceptions of your anti-virus
5. Start Launcher as Admin
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby phatjedi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 am

Issue resolved itself today, with the launcher magically starts downloading the patch (wonder why it hasn't done so before is beyond me - i changed nothing). Anyways, thanks for the replies and guides. Also, for those still unable to update follow janitor's post and see if it fixes it for you (helped me getting my client from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 last time)
phatjedi

Postby svitol » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am

Janitor wrote:You need to do the following:

1. Move the wow client to the root of your driver (Ex.: c:\wow-mania)
2. Make sure that the file realmlist.wtf is NOT read-only
3. Make sure the client folder is not read-only either
4. Add the client folder to the list of exceptions of your anti-virus
5. Start Launcher as Admin

Hello, by reading here and there I see we are alot of peoples who exactly followed the instructions but, still, the Launcher doesn't work. Talking by myself i checked the realmlist.wtf wich isn't read-only nor the Launcher and client. The entire wow-mania folder is on root of one of my drives , it has all permissions through antivirus / firewall...checked the "readonly" flag also by the "attrib" CMD command (attrib -r -s k:\wow-mania) to un-flag everything just to be sure . The net.framework is 4.5 , tryed a fresh reinstall but is say "no needed" . I've downloaded the latest entire installation ( the torrent ) and the latest launcher but it doesn't make difference . The gameclient ( the only thing i can launch to play ) say 2.5.0 but if I start from the Launcher (as AdMin) it start, it check if anything to download but it close itself doin nothing. And I don't get the chance to just press " play" . Seems i'm not the only one who just don't have the Launcher working but we don't understand why. I'm on Windows 10 Pro (64bit) , everything is up to date both software and drivers . It's just the launcher wich start, it check for download and close . Really i don't know what to do :(
svitol

Next

Return to Support