Balancing the Battlegrounds

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.
WAFFLEZ

Balancing the Battlegrounds

Post by WAFFLEZ » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 am

I there any way to make the battlegrounds more equitable? For instance, is there a way to handicap the team with most players like in Wintergrasp? I spent most of my time in battlegrounds today, and 75% of the time it was 4v12, 5v13, or 7v14, etc. The team with lesser amount of players didn't really have a chance and the battleground was all one sided. After a while it got to the point where players (myself included) would not participate and just stayed in the battleground to get the pvp token. There is really no incentive to win if the other team has twice as many players as your team. Wintergrasp has the tenacity buff, which is nice, for the smaller team. I don't know if this can be applied to Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, or the other battlegrounds. I am just asking if there is a way to handicap the larger team and level the playing field?

VIRCY

Re: Balancing the Battlegrounds

Post by VIRCY » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:45 pm

honestly the best things i've seen in private servers to balance BGs is to make them cross faction, like regardless of the faction ppls are matched in the BG in a way to balance the number of players

SLANIAXX

Post by SLANIAXX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:44 pm

To be honest WoW-Mania is big on being Blizzlike and that was Blizzlike. The only good thing is it won't always be Alliance or Horde domination. Usually when one faction is good for a few weeks, players shift around and the other factions starts winning. It also is about when certain guilds raid and which times you do BG's.
In the end I am fairly certain there will be no changes made, especially because in overall numbers wins for horde/ally are not that seperate
Starweaver/UwUwU

DIVIE960

Post by DIVIE960 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:15 pm

SLANIAXX wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:44 pm
To be honest WoW-Mania is big on being Blizzlike and that was Blizzlike. The only good thing is it won't always be Alliance or Horde domination. Usually when one faction is good for a few weeks, players shift around and the other factions starts winning. It also is about when certain guilds raid and which times you do BG's.
In the end I am fairly certain there will be no changes made, especially because in overall numbers wins for horde/ally are not that seperate
Do you have any proof/source for these numbers?

I personally play here for around 4 weeks and in my experience battleground domination has been around 10% alliance to 90% horde. Wintergrasp is much more balanced with I'd say a 40 alliance to 60 horde win ratio.

I vote for the buff idea. If that's not possible/doable, maybe cap the team size and prevent players from joining if the other team is too small?

As a last resort I'm fine with cross-faction battlegrounds, as long as the whole thing is optional.

DARHAKA

Post by DARHAKA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm sorry I've been on this server about 4 months now and I love it. However with 1 lvl 80 under my belt, and 3 more really close, I have to disagree I've been in many BGs and even open world pvp. the sad truth is alliance players are always out numbered. Even to the point of seeing 4 or 5 horde members inside stormwind killing everyone has become common. Sure we win 1 BGs or wintergrasp to the hordes 8 wins. But the ammount of players on each side is very drastic in my opinion. As I stated I've been playing for 4 months or so now so I dont have numbers and stuff just my first hand experience to go off of. So if you're a ally if you want to win or pvp might as well go to horde side

SLANIAXX

Post by SLANIAXX » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:16 pm

I've been here for a solid 1.5 years and I am fairly certain the "hours" you play the server matters. My source for those numbers are the GM's themselves as from time to time a GM will release that weeks/days/months BG numbers.
Also you can see the Wintergrasp W-L ratio in the VoA entrance.
I played exlusively alliance for a long time and I can tell you there were times alliance outnumbered horde as well.
For example if 2 big horde guilds raid at the same day (Say like Pirates and... idk Syndicate?) and if no big ally guilds raid at the same day then Alliance easily overpowers horde as most their big players will be raiding.
Starweaver/UwUwU