Corrupted graphics

Post your class guide, profession guide or search for one!
Find WoW-Mania's most important guides here!
KAWATAHA

Corrupted graphics

Post by KAWATAHA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:08 am

I leveled a DK all the way up a long time ago, but it has been awhile since I played. I would say over a year ago long. When I logged in recently all my characters appearances were glitched. All my taurens horns were green, like green screen green. Same for belf ears. All my characters eyes and teeth are missing, with the exception of some "green screen" orc tusks. Other player characters seemed unaffected. Some NPCs were small white and blue checkered squares.

Launcher is being run as admin. No file are read only. (That I know off.) auncher does repeatedly try to update patch-enGB-B and patch-enGB-c. I have deleted them and let the downloader get them back. It doesn't help. I have tried several fixes from others posters with similar problems. No luck so far.

I just deleted all patch-enGB files and I am waiting on the launcher to fix that. I don't think it will fix it. I'll delete the post if it does.

KAWATAHA

Re: Corrupted graphics

Post by KAWATAHA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:35 am

game crashed on launch after that. round 2

KAWATAHA

Post by KAWATAHA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:41 am

I'm going to try a full reinstall.

KAWATAHA

Post by KAWATAHA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:18 am

A full reinstall worked.

Blades137

Post by Blades137 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 pm

KAWATAHA wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:18 am
A full reinstall worked.
Yes, recent updates require you to download and use there "updated" game client, since things like new mounts and races (Worgen/Goblins) have been added. Using a "stock" 3.3.5 client will yield exactly what you described, things on your character screen missing or looking odd.

Also download the launcher, it will help keep your game up to date as this server still continues to expand and provide hot fixes to issues.