Leving So Fast I Can't Keep up with Gear or Gold

Post your class guide, profession guide or search for one!
Find WoW-Mania's most important guides here!
Chimaira

Leving So Fast I Can't Keep up with Gear or Gold

Post by Chimaira » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 pm

I've never played on a XP boosted server before and so far I really like it with one issue. I seem to find myself in a position in which I am leveling so fast that my gear and gold are not keeping up. Any suggestions or helpful tips?

ryosaeba

Re: Leving So Fast I Can't Keep up with Gear or Gold

Post by ryosaeba » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:38 am

I had the same issues on my first toon, mostly on the double XP week end... you'll find yourself not being able to buy new skills unless you've been playing with the Auction House and got lucky or you have a gatherer profession.

Don't worry tho, once you hit level 58 and enter Outland you'll gain more and more gold from trash loot and you'll finally be able to keep up, and on the bright side, hitting cap level 80 with less quests, it means more you'll gain gold if you want to complete what's left in the future, since doing quests at cap level rewards more gold instead of experience.

Chimaira

Post by Chimaira » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:52 am

Good to know. Thank you so much.
ryosaeba wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:38 am
I had the same issues on my first toon, mostly on the double XP week end... you'll find yourself not being able to buy new skills unless you've been playing with the Auction House and got lucky or you have a gatherer profession.

Don't worry tho, once you hit level 58 and enter Outland you'll gain more and more gold from trash loot and you'll finally be able to keep up, and on the bright side, hitting cap level 80 with less quests, it means more you'll gain gold if you want to complete what's left in the future, since doing quests at cap level rewards more gold instead of experience.

SLANIAXX

Post by SLANIAXX » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 am

If you are playing Alliance and if you don't have a guild yet, I do help guildies who level fast regarding gold :), gear is a non-issue too as once you hit 80 we'll also help you with fos/pos runs etc. You can send me a pm here for a guild invite or look for any character on alliance that has a name starting with Star, such as Starpoison, Starweaver, Starclaws, Starpriest etc :) most often it'll be me.
Starweaver/UwUwU

TACHYON

Post by TACHYON » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm

Free auto-leveling gear:
Vote daily, get WoW-Mania Vote Tokens for voting. Visit George Maniac to convert those to Maniac Points. At Level 10, use your "WoW-Mania's Mall Teleport Stone" to go to the Mall. Inside the Mall, go to the first vendor "Karl C. Agathon" for "Playtime Rewards" and use the Mania Points to purchase heirloom type gear for your character that will automatically level up with you from 1 to 80 and is better than most any dropped gear except some stuff from dungeons (dungeon drops will not level up with you).
Also, the heirloom gear from Karl is "bind on account" which means you can mail it back and forth between alts on your own account, though I don't bother to do that since mine are usually wearing different types of armor and using different weapons.

If you're in a hurry, you can use the website shop to buy Maniac Points with shop "coins" (which cost 1 GBP each, but buy lots of Maniac Points or other things from the website shop). Then use the purchased Maniac Points to buy the heirloom gear in the game at the Mall from Karl.

I would save the WoW-Mania's Vote Tokens until I get 250 of them so that at level 40, I can buy the Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth from George Maniac. It's a level 40 ground mount with two NPC vendors, one of which can repair your armor and sell you items, and the other can sell you food & drinks for health & mana. You can't call it out while you're in a dungeon, but you can step outside the dungeon and sell off junk to empty your bags.

VIP rewards: If you pay the VIP subscription, you get 1 VIP reward per month. They are bind to account so you can mail them between your alts on the same account. As soon as you get 3 VIP tokens, you can use them in the Mall to buy mounts from Kara Thrace. At one time, there used to be Foror's Crate of Endless Resist Gear Storage (36 slot bags) from that vendor, but I don't see them there now. But you can simply buy the 36 slot bag for 5 coins each. Be careful to buy the bag for the realm and character that you want it sent to, as they can NOT be moved between characters. But they are absolutely wonderful if you have a gatherer alt doing something like Mining & Engineering or Herbalism with either Alchemy or Inscription.
Other benefits of VIP are instant anywhere Mail, instant anywhere Bank, instant anywhere Repair, and XP x 6 (or x 4) instead of only x 2. If you really WANT to slow down leveling, visit Shortstuff Maniac in the mall and set the XP rate to 1 (Blizzlike).

Best advice: Check out all the NPC vendors in the Mall and see what they have to offer. For example, if you just hit 20, 40, or 60 and need riding training, you can visit Terence Maniac and get your riding skills trained up.
If you're short on in-game golds, you can simply visit the website shop to buy some coins and use them to buy some golds.

VOTE DAILY!! Voting helps keep WoW-Mania at the top of the rankings so we get more players and THAT helps get people busy enough so you can find items in the Auction House. If you try a new private server and the auction house is empty, it gets very frustrating when your engineer needs an iron buckle that only a blacksmith can make, and your enchanter can't buy cheap green items to disenchant.

CtrlAltNuke

Post by CtrlAltNuke » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:00 am

Buy gold

Paxmilitaris

Post by Paxmilitaris » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:16 pm

TACHYON wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm
Free auto-leveling gear:
Vote daily, get WoW-Mania Vote Tokens for voting. Visit George Maniac to convert those to Maniac Points. At Level 10, use your "WoW-Mania's Mall Teleport Stone" to go to the Mall. Inside the Mall, go to the first vendor "Karl C. Agathon" for "Playtime Rewards" and use the Mania Points to purchase heirloom type gear for your character that will automatically level up with you from 1 to 80 and is better than most any dropped gear except some stuff from dungeons (dungeon drops will not level up with you).
Also, the heirloom gear from Karl is "bind on account" which means you can mail it back and forth between alts on your own account, though I don't bother to do that since mine are usually wearing different types of armor and using different weapons.
Where is George Maniac?
Last edited by Paxmilitaris on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blacfang

Post by Blacfang » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:10 am

Paxmilitaris wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:16 pm
TACHYON wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm
Free auto-leveling gear:
Where is George Maniac?
any NPC name end with Maniac can be found in the Wow-Mania Mall.

HURRZ

Post by HURRZ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 am

Ask for gold on world chat. There is an abundance and no one needs it after gearing a level 80 toon.

Blades137

Post by Blades137 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:25 am

Chimaira wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 pm
I've never played on a XP boosted server before and so far I really like it with one issue. I seem to find myself in a position in which I am leveling so fast that my gear and gold are not keeping up. Any suggestions or helpful tips?
Unless your the type of player who doesn't mind spend $$$ to buy gold, your going to need a gathering profession and spend a decent amount of time collecting mats to sell in the AH. Unless someone is willing to gift you some gold.

Limit yourself to only buying the skills you need while leveling, so say if you are leveling a Ret paladin, you don't need to buy all the tanking and healing skill ups. Same thing applies to leveling professions, there are great leveling guides out there, only buy the recommended skills that are used to raise profession levels.

Once you hit 80, quests no longer give XP, but extra gold instead. That is an excellent way to build up gold, and obviously daily questing.