Downloading or Updating to the new version

Post your class guide, profession guide or search for one!
Find WoW-Mania's most important guides here!
GroeneKnuppel

Downloading or Updating to the new version

Post by GroeneKnuppel » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:52 pm

Hello fellow Mania player,

Here below a small tutorial on how to get the new version.

Automated Update
- Go to the WoW-Mania-2.9.5 (The Folder where u downloaded the game to)
- Click on the Launcher application. (NOT the WoW-mania)
Launcher optionv1.png
Version Update Launcher Location
Launcher optionv1.png (16.03 KiB) Viewed 22668 times
After it opened it will update automatically to the new version.
wowmania launcher.png
wowmania launcher.png (107.44 KiB) Viewed 22668 times
As for me I already have the new version.
- When it is done it will say ready to play and you can open the WoW-Mania application.
To check if the correct version is installed check the bottom right in the login screen.
version check wow.png
Version check Ingame
version check wow.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 22668 times
When u have the right version u are ready to play.

Manual Download
For the manual update you can find the patch in the download tab: Click on Support - Downloads
You can choose to download all patches or only the new version.
For this tutorial I went for all the patches.
When you have the .zip file downloaded extract it in the WoW-Mania folder and replace all.
Make sure u check ingame if the right version is installed.
version check wow.png
Version check Ingame
version check wow.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 22668 times
Hope this little tutorial will help you when a new version is released.
Thanks

Made by TheFallen

CALIPSO

Re: Downloading or Updating to the new version

Post by CALIPSO » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:22 pm

Just remember that the above is for Windows users only. Linux and Mac users will have to manually update the client as the Launcher does not work out of the box on those platforms. You will need to install WINE and the .NET Framework.

Nice post. :)
Last edited by CALIPSO on Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

amikot

Post by amikot » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:29 am

In terms of Linux - it is possible to use the WOW-Mania launcher to get game updated.

Launcher needs .NET4.8 framework, so it can be installed with winetricks.
It says the installation is broken, but in fact it works.
I've tested the launcher on Wine 7.22 and on 8.02 stagging - on those it worked but with some issues.

Main issue is that launcher window is entirely black, but it still works. You can hover the fields and open the links, and if you lucky you can even find the spot to start the game.

What is most important - it still can update the game. When you start it - just wait some time (depends of update size) and after that start the game - should be updated.

One more thing - launcher may sometimes crash on start - if this happen, just start it again - should work when started second time.

hachi8v8

Post by hachi8v8 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:16 am

i already followed all the steps everything is good for the version 2.6.9 but it connet me into BC :'( can someone help me please ?
Come back is real :lol:

andree23

Post by andree23 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 am

amikot wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:29 am
In terms of Linux - it is possible to use the WOW-Mania launcher to get game updated.

Launcher needs .NET4.8 framework, so it can be installed with winetricks.
It says the installation is broken, but in fact it works. subway surfers
I've tested the launcher on Wine 7.22 and on 8.02 stagging - on those it worked but with some issues.

Main issue is that launcher window is entirely black, but it still works. You can hover the fields and open the links, and if you lucky you can even find the spot to start the game.

What is most important - it still can update the game. When you start it - just wait some time (depends of update size) and after that start the game - should be updated.

One more thing - launcher may sometimes crash on start - if this happen, just start it again - should work when started second time.
The issue you mentioned with the launcher window being entirely black can sometimes happen with certain applications in Wine. It's good to know that despite this issue, the launcher is still functional, and you can navigate and update the game using it.

Additionally, it's common for some applications to require multiple attempts to start or encounter occasional crashes when running through Wine. Restarting the launcher or the application itself is a common workaround in such cases.

amikot

Post by amikot » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:54 pm

I've spent some time trying to get retail version to work on my laptop - unfortunately system requirements are too high.
Playing with the drivers, wine versions, lutris, PlayOnLinux etc. - all that didn't help, but somehow, some action fixed the issue with WoW-Mania Launcher. Now it's completely functional and no anymore black window issue.
Unfortunately I can't tell what exactly I did to get it working.
Screenshot from 2023-07-01 23-50-12.jpg
Screenshot from 2023-07-01 23-50-12.jpg (190.24 KiB) Viewed 13753 times

NasirWeimann

Post by NasirWeimann » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:29 am

If only you could recall what you did whilegeometry dash 23 solving that problem because I had the same situation.