Cross Faction

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.
LegionPrime

Cross Faction

Post by LegionPrime » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:41 pm

I know this comes up a lot in chat, but...would you all consider doing cross-faction in the future?
My first WOTLK server many years ago was this way and we loved it, it was also PVE. I won't name the long dead server but it was run by Meekro. We could talk to each other, there was no language difference - we could also run raids together, the only one that had trouble was gunship but there was a work-around. We did not have to wait on faction only for anything with cross-faction, so raids went left and right.
I know you do not have those plans as yet, but if the server starts to dwindle in population it might help out.
Thanks for listening. This place rocks whether or not we go cross-faction.

Blades137

Re: Cross Faction

Post by Blades137 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:23 pm

LegionPrime wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:41 pm
I know this comes up a lot in chat, but...would you all consider doing cross-faction in the future?
My first WOTLK server many years ago was this way and we loved it, it was also PVE. I won't name the long dead server but it was run by Meekro. We could talk to each other, there was no language difference - we could also run raids together, the only one that had trouble was gunship but there was a work-around. We did not have to wait on faction only for anything with cross-faction, so raids went left and right.
I know you do not have those plans as yet, but if the server starts to dwindle in population it might help out.
Thanks for listening. This place rocks whether or not we go cross-faction.
Last major LK private server I played on before this place had a severe declining population about 2-3 years after I joined and implemented cross-faction raiding as a way or addressing the problem... essentially killed the server even faster.

So honestly, I hope Janitor never goes that route...

TAHAYAN

Post by TAHAYAN » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 pm

I don’t like this idea. Why? It’s WoW, thats means war between 2 factons. If serwer megge both as one, then game need be renamed. It will be no more War of Warcraft, it will be Peace and no Warcraft. Immersion, illusion on real conflict, make this game so much sense. I personaly if server will add this, will left server for good. This will be not a same game as I know and a diffrent game.

LegionPrime

Post by LegionPrime » Sun May 02, 2021 12:25 pm

This server is already PVE so it is really not faction vs faction as known in retail. Changing to what was listed in the opening only makes it better - I was there and I can say it was better. BUT - so far it is good here and I have no complaints, changing to cross-faction (In my opinion) would be a better experience.
Cheers.

Blades137

Post by Blades137 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 am

LegionPrime wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:25 pm
This server is already PVE so it is really not faction vs faction as known in retail. Changing to what was listed in the opening only makes it better - I was there and I can say it was better. BUT - so far it is good here and I have no complaints, changing to cross-faction (In my opinion) would be a better experience.
Cheers.
From my personal experience, servers that have done this in the past have shot themselves in the foot. Neither of the two servers that have gone this route exist any longer.

I understand in part why you "think" it's a good idea, but like I said, it's really not.

Unless you want to see the population of this server vanish...

D3FENDERR

Post by D3FENDERR » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am

To be fair, I haven't seen any server that did it and it was the reason they vanished. As you said, the servers that disappeared were going to whether it was implemented or not. The first private server I ever played had cross-faction raids, dungeons, etc and it actually was good for the server, and a lot of fun. The reason it died out was simply because the owner one day went "fuck this, I'm bored of taking care of this server" and left, even though it still had a pretty healthy, stable population. Sad thing too, as they could have passed it on to someone else, there were many willing to take over.

My point is that cross-faction itself is not a bad thing, especially in a pve server such as this, where open-world pvp is optional. The only thing it would do is half the wait-time of all dungeons and raids. Be honest to yourself, when was the last time you went out to "kill the horde/alliance", or go kill their leader/raid an enemy city (not that you can't do all that if there is cross-faction grouping for pve content)

I do agree that if something like this is implemented ONLY so that you can "try to save a dying server" it will most likely make no difference, and the server will still die, but if it is simply added as a feature, on a server that is otherwise doing well, I don't think it would hurt the server, it could even be optional. (such as you talk to an NPC and choose if you want to opt-in or out of cross-faction play)

It would be interesting if they made a poll to see the players' view on it, if anything just out of curiosity.

AYMELEK

Post by AYMELEK » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:19 am

Hello

This as been discussed several times, and the answer is still the same: Cross-faction will not be implemented.

All suggestions are welcome, but there's some points that we will never touch, as Metaxa said on discord and quoting him:
We highly appreciate suggestions that improve the gameplay, game experience or that improve the server. We do not touch the original gameplay such as loot, endgame, etc. This is WOTLK 3.3.5a. Cosmetics we can change, mounts we can add, xmogs we can add. The past years we had all kind of suggestions that CHANGE the gameplay. "X-faction, Loot tables, extra raid instances, Triple spec, etc. Also we had many suggestions for personal player profit like a conversion EoT to MP, a Dalaran portal in the mall, the option to create a DK without a level 55 toon, instant level 80 and many more nonsense. Yes, after 50+ times we don't always answer those. All useful suggestions ARE noted

Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:51 pm

I like it a lot and it would solve the omnipresent problem of getting enought people il RDF, plus, there are already free for all PVP zones (like the gurubashi arena wich was originally the only place where u could kill someone of ur same faction) in places where you should not be able to on retail (and many of them are in questing/lvling zones) so i don't see why we should complain about somethin that could bring some problem solving in the game.
The future will get more players after shadowlands will become boring and no one will play classic TBC?
We'll get back to the old "2faction system".

D3FENDERR

Post by D3FENDERR » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:58 am

So even the existence of the mall does not change gameplay, but throwing an orc warrior in an alliance dungeon group will kill the game. Got it.

FrodoFraggins

Post by FrodoFraggins » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:19 am

I'm new to the server and was shocked to find out it wasn't cross faction, as the population is really in the range where it would provide a massive improvement to grouping for dungeons and raids. The other server I play on is cross faction and it hasn't hurt them at all. And if their pop gets high enough they can remove that feature.