Raid Beacons

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Raid Beacons

Postby Bartok » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Raid Beacons were introduced in Cataclysm and they are a really useful tool for marking areas on the ground during a boss fight.
Unfortunately WotLK didn't have this implemented back in the day and therefore they aren't currently available to us.
For anyone that doesn't know these are what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmveO_DNevc

Now this would be great if we could implement this feature onto our server I think that every raid leader would especially appreciate the utility of adding this to the game. However I am reasonable and expect that this might be too complicated to program into the existing code of the game. So I have a second approach to this.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=21745/elders-moonstone

This item Elder's Moonstone is already in the game and does pretty much the same thing as a raid marker except that its a consumable. Now my thoughts are that we could make like 8-10 different versions of this item, each a different colour. All you would have to do is tweak the code of it a little bit to change the colour.

Then we would need to make it so that you can only use one of each colour at a time. That way if you put one in the wrong spot you just place it again and the first one would disappear.

And we could then change the cooldown to last 15 minutes instead of only 3 minutes.

You'd probably want to make it so that they can't be used in major cities also.

But if we did this and then added the items to vendors to be bought for the same price as reagents then raid leaders could buy a stack of 20 of each colour to bring to raids and we could use them.

I think that this is a really good idea to add to the server and i don't see any downside to it. I'd like to hear what others have to say on this so please leave comments below.
Bartok

Re: Raid Beacons

Postby Sinsidious » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:47 pm

I think this a great idea that would be a very valued addition to help ease frustrations of raid leaders and make more mechanic intense fights visually understandable to people that might not be familiar with a specific encounter.
Sinsidious

Return to Suggestions