MM Hunter dps recount

Discuss the different classes and their abilities in here!
Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior and Demon Hunter

MM Hunter dps recount

Postby Sameen75 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:47 am

Hello, I would like to open a discussion about the MM hunter, a class very little used on this server, I mean, the hunters are there, but very few end game geared. I ask to the hunters, what do you think about your character, compared to the same character on other wotlk servers?
I have a hunter MM with 6.3k gs, leaving out builds, talents, glyphs and rotation, which are now consolidated in about 10 years of this expansion, I think the dps is relatively low, I mean, during several fight, in the recount I can see that me and other hunters with gs similar to mine, arp and hit at cap, haste high enough and various procs (dbw etc), we stay underneath characters of other classes with much lower equip, it is normal that 3 hunter with 2 or 3 pieces sanctified heroic do the same or even less damage to magicians, rogues, shadow priests or paladins without even a heroic piece equipped?
Sameen75

Re: MM Hunter dps recount

Postby Prawnstar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

well, can say that ele shamans have have even lower dps then a MM hunter.
This is working as intended so there wont be a buff to hunters or nerf for other classes.
Prawnstar

Postby Sameen75 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 pm

The shaman can opt between 3 different specs making himself very useful, hunter is exclusively dps, if a dps does'nt do damage, what utility could it have?
Sameen75

Postby Prawnstar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm

it dosnt matter if the shamans can use 3 diffrent spec, i just said that ele shamans have way lower dps then a MM hunter has.
Hunters are good because they are range dps and raid need that since it's harder to find range then melee dps for raids also they buff the raid (true sight or w/e it's called) and also help tank with aggro so hunters are very good to have in a raid group.

Some classes just have higher dps output then other classes and specs for ex. Fury warriors.
a fury warrior with 5.1k GS and still out dps a 5.8k GS any class. just deal with it that you will never be top 1 on skada/recount unless you reroll fury warrior
Prawnstar

Postby Sameen75 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 pm

I understand what you mean, the raid role is very important, fair enough, then there is the static or moving boss variant, for example on Putricide or Sindragosa the recount ranking turns of a hunter over various melee, but it's not the recount in itself to make a discussion, even if I mentioned it in the T title, but the substantial difference of dps values between this and other old P servers (I never played wotlk in offy, I admit this), where at equal equip / gs a hunter did higher damages; Here the warlocks fly over warriors with smourne, shadowpriest and mages low geared do more damage than hunters, I think there is something wrong, and I would like to discuss it with other hunters about this; Unfortunately it seems that over 2k players the hunters are no more than about twenty active main, and no one uses this forum, the only one who answers is a shaman...
Sameen75

Return to Class Discussions