Offensive Guild name encouraging sexual abuse

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Offensive Guild name encouraging sexual abuse

Postby Ninjahobbit » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Having followed the process of raising a ticket I was disappointed to hear that a clearly offensive guild name "Sapped girls cant say no" is acceptable because mainstream Blizzard accepts it - this is not a reasonable position, it is an easy way out.

This is very clearly a reference to sexual abuse of women/girls - something that should be abhorred and criticised by us all. I was told that if others had a problem with this then the GM would do something about it.

I hope that I am not alone in finding this kind of name unacceptable, I realise that many will say I am taking this too seriously however this kind of attitude needs to be tackled at all times and with all people.

Please raise a ticket to register that "Sapped girls cant say no" is not acceptable.

P.S. I would like to say I think that the GMs do an awesome job that is incredibly difficult and I would like to thank you all for your time and effort.
Ninjahobbit

Re: Offensive Guild name encouraging sexual abuse

Postby Metaxa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:53 pm

We definately could blame the guildcreator a lack of originality. This guildname is used over and over on many realms. However tho...."Sapped girls can't say no to...." would be offensive. After the "to" you can fill in whatever you are referring to.

In all the years of World of Warcraft there have been made thousands of guilds. Some guildnames really made me laugh, most didn't. 8-)

In my opinion we should not take it too seriously, after all it's just a game we play. I don't think that the creator of that guild is trying to encourage rape.

But you are right about the general opinion of our community. Basically my personal opinion or the opinion of the rest of the server staff doesn't matter as long as there are enough complains.

Enjoy the game,

Gamemaster Metaxa.
Metaxa
Game Master

Postby Ninjahobbit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 am

:( Ah well - I am not surprised by the lack of any others joining the conversation - but anyway I still do think that this is the kind of guild name that would be looked back on in years to come as offensive - just in the same way that many racially toned names are correctly frowned upon.

It is a shame that more people do not take the small things more seriously, of course this one name is not directly trying to encourage - but it is yet another small cut in the analogy of death of a thousand cuts. I will get off my soap box as a slightly dejected individual who is trying to encourage others to change their septic views.

Once again I would like to say thank you to all who put their time into organising and maintaining this server which has given me a lot of pleasure.

All the best
Ninjahobbit

Postby Undecim » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I agree,no stupid names.
Undecim

Return to General Chat