Realm Pop gains

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Realm Pop gains

Postby Prium » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:22 am

Heyo! Prium here! It's 5 am my time so...bare with me here on how I come across. I'd just gotten back and there's been a moderate to a stable amount of players like before when I had played; still playing, whether the same people or new people. I feel like there could be a way to increase the population, and then continue increasing if we make the CURRENT PVE realm into a PVP realm,making Redemption the PVP realm. I feel personally that this would increase the PvP scene as well as allowing the PvE settings to still continue on with some adversity except for in Dalaran and instances themselves. Its taboo to see people flagged outside of PvP zones and when we see this in general ona PvE realm it gives you 2 options when seeing an opponent.
Them being Fight or run away, both can be vast in ideas but to put it simply those 2 options. Obvious right? The rush of adrenaline between those options gives more investment for the game.

There are Pros and cons to a PvP realm, but there are also pros and cons to having a PvE realm, especially when there is a humongous community already. People come and go, that's a given; but I feel making this change there'd be more to worry about within the game as a player, rather then having boredom strike players more often then not in world chat that has been shown evident daily.

Even on a PvP realm, there can be PvE...but with the current situation that the server is already in; I feel it would be extremely beneficial to the recruiting and keeping process of players as a whole.

Given the fact that there already is a scene for pvp on the PvE server. I feel it wouldn't switch simply because it'd be a PvP server, we already have a following of people online daily to raid and grow more geared. If people really, really, REALLY hate PvP they could turn to the Elysium Realm for PvE. However if the idea was that people would join Elysium to just be on a PvP realm, I feel that idea had already been too late to the party. Who wants to level alone...seeing knowone for a long long time to just find at least 10-20 people online in the overall population rather then seeing 10-20 people in 2-5 hrs being an extremely seldom occurrence on the PvP realm Elysium.
Again, I'm tired; I had just wanted to voice the idea, really want the server to progress, grow, and have players stay longer.

I hope this Idea could be considered, it is a Giant overhaul of the Server, but I feel it would be beneficial to the growth of the community while keeping players longer. Thanks for reading!!!! :D

If there are any questions on anything I had just stated, I'd love to hear them and would answer them to the best of my ability!
Last edited by Prium on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prium

Re: Realm Pop gains

Postby Psygoa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Hello prium
We have an PvP realm called Elysium and Redemption dont have to be changed to PvE, It is an PvE realm.
If players just want to PvP they can go to Elysium.
So correct me if i am wrong but the thing you suggest is already there

Kind regards
GM Psygoa
Psygoa
Game Master

Postby Metaxa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Prium,

First of all, welcome back :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you are aiming for a PvE ONLY and a PvP ONLY realm.
If so, this is not possible.
If not, I misunderstood :D

Enjoy the game,

Gamemaster Metaxa.
Metaxa
Game Master

Postby Prium » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Nice to see ya again too Metaxa!

The idea of the post was to slap the PvP label onto the more populated server Redemption, it would flag everyone, having some areas protected such as instances and Dalaran since we do not have a cross faction party system. I feel by doing this we can examine and understand what the communities wants and needs are in a different course of action, contributing to the overall nostalgia and fun of what WoW-Mania has to offer to its fans. The server could be claimed as the main attraction whil'st pushing the narrative of raids within Redemption having it as a PvP Realm.

This would give a new perspective to the game, again there are pros and cons to slapping the PvP status onto the realm, but there are also cons to a Realm being a PvE one as well. What it would generally do for the populus since raiding is still sort of a buzz on Redemption it would give that gentle nudge to newer players and veteren alike to stay for the PvP experience.
The reason why I had suggested Redemption become a PVP Realm was to give off the since of comfort that people can fact Raid in peace with their guilds or the guilds they create on the server. That being said I agree that there is a place for PvP and to push it as much as possible to give players another route besides PvE to play. The problem I've seen is that the PvP realm we have now is nearly almost vacant due to lack of players and the feeling of a PvE server being the attraction they find until those seldom times where there is in fact some form of PvP going on within the Elysium realm.

Im merely suggesting that we switch the labels and activate the world PvP mechanic towards the players on Redemption, not only will this push the PvP role, but Gms would no longer have to give Gifts,prizes, and advantages to the PvP side of things due to the lackof PvP on a daily or weekly basis.
Yes not all people play everyday and for the most part the people reading this are right, I'm only suggesting this Major change to push the issue without actually breaking the community. The suggestion for Elysium becoming a PvE realm could be the scape goat for players not wanting any part in PvP.

That being said ; in my own opinion, more people would stay when there are more things to do and more people to do it with. The attractive idea of nostalgia had been the raiding due to teamwork and the form of banding together to reach a goal; by implementing this switch, it should in my opinion give both PvP and the already well- established raid community a different perspective to the overall experience while keeping the nostalgia of both PvP and PvE aspects of the game.

I know I'm typing a bunch! Thank you for reading! : )
Last edited by Prium on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prium

Postby Prium » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:51 am

Due note that I have Updated the thread, seeing how I got the names of the servers backwards (My brain sometimes lol) The Mall also being a safezone from PvP as well!
Prium

Postby uglymanity » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 am

Let me put in a couple thoughts in the general direction of this topic. It is my understanding that this server wants to be, or is claimed to be the best WotLK server out there. I'd like it to be, and I sure bet each player on here would like it to be as well. It should be known to whom it concerns, that there is a SERIOUS issue with PvP on redemtption, and I would like to explain that as best as I can.
First I'd like to say I'm really impressed with the way you can get the 5 piece relentless set. That's fantastic. After that though, what do you have? Literally nothing. Past that you have to arena, with the current population it seems there is only one thing happening. Players with full Wrathful are in the arena queues constantly, which is fine, but where does that leave the players would would like to progress with their relentless gear? It seems the only way to get into that type of tier is to pay for the lich king set and maniac weapons that are available in the shop (which most of these wrathful wearers have), not surprisingly. For myself personally, I do like to PvE, but that's not ALL I like to do, recently I've tried getting into the PvP scene and it's just so completely destroyed in every aspect. There is no way for a relentless player to progress without MORE players of the same category OR a way to obtain the Wrathful set through playtime rewards or something similar. If there was some way that was more efficient to get the wrathful set other than getting REKT everytime we join a BG or arena, I can at least speak for myself and say I would definitely play a lot more. Lately I find myself frustrated and feel it's hopeless to participate.
A blizzlike experience can only be experienced if it's entirely blizzlike. The pay to wins are currently taking over an entire aspect of this private server, and those who can't afford those items, should also be able to obtain those items in game with game rewards that are moderately accommodating so the grind isn't months long.
uglymanity

Postby Psygoa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 am

Prium

Most players on Redemption joined because it is a pve server, and hate to be flagged for pvp.
I understand that pvp players love to grind everyone for there honor. But pve players are here cause they cant be grind when you are doing your thing.
Your suggestion will make a lot of players leave or stop playing.
You all can go to Elysium for pvp, but want to change the pve server where is pvp also to a pvp realm is a bad idea.

kind regard
Psygoa
Psygoa
Game Master

Postby uglymanity » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:46 am

So start all over on another realm or transfer my characters with money? Well, this server can lose another player, cause this is ridiculous and needs to be thought out. Elysium is dead. Redemption is dying. Pull your heads out.
uglymanity

Postby Psygoa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:11 am

Uglymanity

There is a lot of work done to improve the pvp and they are still working on it.
This does not mean that pve players have to be forced in to pvp.
With changing the realm from pve to pvp you are forcing players to pvp, who came to this realm cause they dont like pvp.

Have a nice day
Gamemaster Psygoa
Psygoa
Game Master

Postby Prium » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:17 am

Psygoa

I kind of understand where your coming from , however the Server itself was built as a PvE more then likely in the beginning. I know another server had been created for PvP and for that I agree with you, but I do not agree with everyone hating being flagged for pvp. The community was forged around a PvE server. Not having a PvP server to begin with as well, the PvP server had been implemented far off in the future seemingly for whiny PvPers that cant seem to get any or much pvp to go off within the PvE realm. slapping a "Fix" ability on their whining saying... heres a PvP server we have for you guys... transfer for free (I think) or level your way up after spending countless hours of hard work and precious time to then start anew on this brand new PvP server... this will squelch your worries *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge*.

Obviously you aren't the only one with the idea of a PvP server... and it is a good idea to be fair, just late is all I'm saying.....Very late, like the party starts at 5pm late and you show up at 3 am kind of late. Its just not a good way to solve the problem, that's why people are still annoyed by the lack of PvP presence, simply saying go to the Pvp server because ull find your pvp really doesnt do much other then telling the player to fuck off to the server and restart from scratch ona pvp server. I'm not saying to make everyone 80 on the PvP server, thats not what im saying. Nor am I saying free transfers would do the trick... (Trust me they wont) There will be the same issues applying to the Elysium PVP server like the PVE server Redemption at the moment along with scarcity of players.

Since there already is a Raid-Pve- Community out there in our midst, I'm suggesting we change the populated to server to a PVP realm, while still encouraging Raids and then allow a free transfer plan for PVEers that hate the fact of pvp entirely to join Elysium as the new, PvE realm. That way the 2nd server would populate quicker, while newer players start on the pvp server that is POPULATED, or join the PvE server after a little while of experimenting on the pvp server or join the PVE server off the bat, their choice. That way the newer players and older players can make a decision themselves whether to uproot or stay and ride along with the ACTUAL full experience of what a Blizz-like server has to offer.

I'm not saying the PVP server needs to be solely PVP and the PVE server needs to be solely PVE, its outlandish for that to be the case when your making a blizzlike experience, I personally wouldn't recommend strict PvE servers and strict PVP servers.
Last edited by Prium on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
Prium

Next

Return to Suggestions