General Support

Client update

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Client update

Postby Moutlael » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:21 am

Hey everyone,

I have my wow-mania folder directly on my c:\ drive, and right click>Run as Admin the Launcher, it looks like it looks for updates to the client, but it goes away and lets me click the play button. I've looked at multiple threads, and tried many things, but nothing is updating. Am I going to have to manually install patches?? or am I doing something wrong in my processes?
Moutlael

Re: Client update

Postby Psygoa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello Moutlael
Can you go in the game folder to Data > enGB > realmist. Open realmist with property and check or read only is marked. If it is please unmark and try again.

Gamemaster Psygoa
Psygoa
Game Master

Postby Moutlael » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I thought I looked at it and Read only is unchecked. I'll check again here shortly.
Moutlael

Postby Moutlael » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Yes, the file's properties show it NOT marked Read Only (unchecked)
Moutlael

Postby Poxpoone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 pm

A friend had the same issue, and resolved it by removing read-only on the entire WoW-Mania folder (in your case C:\WoW-Mania).
So go into properties of the folder, uncheck "Read Only" and press OK. Running the Launcher as Administrator afterwards fixed the issue.

Hope this helps!
Poxpoone

Postby Moutlael » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Poxpoone wrote:A friend had the same issue, and resolved it by removing read-only on the entire WoW-Mania folder (in your case C:\WoW-Mania).
So go into properties of the folder, uncheck "Read Only" and press OK. Running the Launcher as Administrator afterwards fixed the issue.

Hope this helps!

Poxpoon,
Great thinking on your friends' part, I should have thought of that myself lol. For anyone else having an issue like this, this solved my client update issue. Which means something that is needed for patching, needs to have Read Only unchecked, something more than realmlist.
Moutlael

Return to Support