Warrior Fury

Discuss the different classes and their abilities in here!
Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior and Demon Hunter

Warrior Fury

Postby mminniti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi guys, i am actually playing a warrior fury on the server. It does a good amount of damage but something seems not right. I already know the t10 4 items set is bugged and it doesn't work as intended so i am not refering to it. I think the talent http://www.wow-mania.com/armory/?spell=46915 doesn't proc as much as intended. It should be on 20% of the time you strike with a whirlwind, heroic strike or bloodthirst. I have spent around 1 hour testing it and i could only see 117 proc on 333 heroic strike 333 bloodthirst and 334 whirlwind. Is it me very unlucky or have you experienced the same?

I didn't post it yet on the bugtracker cause i am not sure it's a bug or it's just bad luck... how many spell should i use for a proper testing? 10000?
mminniti

Re: Warrior Fury

Postby stefannel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

After playing here several months as fury warrior, I can echo with you saying the proc rate seems a bit too low.
It definitely worth digging into.
Maybe you can do another test on another target (orgrimar/UC/ TB) but same target level and see if you're still this unlucky.
In the rush of battle, I can't tell the difference between 15% or 25% but I also can consider myself quite unlucky on getting those procs.
Thanks.
stefannel

Postby Lightmare » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Find yourself a raid boss with decent enough health to take the hits, but low enough damage to not kill you off. Then capture some data and see. 20% should be easy enough to verify. Roughly 1 in 5 attempts should trigger it. If it doesn't look right, log your findings to the bug tracker.

You may first want to double check someone else hasn't already logged one
Lightmare

Postby mminniti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Isn't it fine to test it on the lvl 83 dummy? (it's what i am actually doing)
mminniti

Postby stefannel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Hello.
For the sake of correctness and fairness, try hitting the lvl 80 one and the heroic boss one. (fair warning, you will have rage issues while hitting the heroic training dummy as they are bugged). Then compare & publish the numbers.
Thanks
stefannel

Postby Lightmare » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

mminniti wrote:Isn't it fine to test it on the lvl 83 dummy? (it's what i am actually doing)

I blame not having my coffee yet for not just thinking of using a dummy.
Lightmare

Postby mminniti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Here are my actual tests... now i need to logoff so i'll continue later on.. i can see the talent is quite strange cause sometimes it says different things.. ?? why?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12qjAsJP4TKuXt4kWGtce5rB13z-7r692
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13hf0GG2pIF9EvaDYG7DsA37MixYZn2oR
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kCj_MEK2NWZyrcYMmKGJrGpbBRGnBt_5
mminniti

Postby mminniti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:18 pm

it's really weird how the proc chance seems to be exact half than it should... also why does the talent shows sometimes 5 seconds and sometimes 10? i think it's enough to go on the bugtracker
mminniti

Postby stefannel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 am

Hello.
I see the slam hits barely make 10 % (60 out of 600 heroic strikes/whirlwind/bloodthirst) although it should be closely to 120.
The 10 seconds slam is a bug from the 4piece set (the 2 x slams proc effect doesn't work or it shows 10 seconds with 2 stacks).

Also, you need to put 1 talent into heroic fury talent.It gives you an easy 5 seconds of extra damage when you have to run away from boss and intercept it again (eg: lich king valkiries or syndragost ice tombs or lady DW cultists or lord Morrowgwar spikes or Prof Putricide red/green slimes etc etc).
stefannel

Postby mminniti » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

I've posted it on the github and seems like janitor has already fixed it on dev :D love this man!

stefannel wrote:Also, you need to put 1 talent into heroic fury talent.It gives you an easy 5 seconds of extra damage when you have to run away from boss and intercept it again (eg: lich king valkiries or syndragost ice tombs or lady DW cultists or lord Morrowgwar spikes or Prof Putricide red/green slimes etc etc).

Thanks for the advice, what talent shall i remove to put that one?
mminniti

Return to Class Discussions