2 questions (PVP auto flag, and bounties)

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
melachant

2 questions (PVP auto flag, and bounties)

Post by melachant » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm fairly new to this server, and have two questions that I've been unable to find the answers to.

I saw a few days ago, in the evening, some system text that said there was a bounty on a player. I think two different players had bounties. The first person to kill that player would get some coin.
What triggers the bounties? Is it someone in a battleground who has met some criteria? A player who is attacking non-hostile NPCs? Something else?

The other question involves being auto-PVP flagged. I see this server is listed as PVE, but when walking from northern to southern Barrens, it will auto PVP flag my character. I walk back into northern Barrens and it goes away. This happened several times and was repeatable. I did not attack any players or NPCs that are opposite faction nor does my character have the "enabled" option on PVP. Is this a bug? Or is there some event or something where certain questing zones PVP flag you?

/edit: The auto PVP flag was the sword icon type. Looking online, it looks like this is associated with permanent free-for-all PVP areas like Gurabashi Arena. Except I was just in a normal raptor-filled questing area in South Barrens. Any ideas?

/edit #2: I tested some more and the auto PVP flag definitely seems like a bug. I'll report it in the bug form. It only happens in areas where the words "Southern Barrens" come up on the screen. If I move a few feet to either side so those words disappear, even if I'm still on the south side of the bridge, the sword icon/PVP flag goes away.

KITZUNU

Re: 2 questions (PVP auto flag, and bounties)

Post by KITZUNU » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello,

1. We have a bounty system on our server where you can go to the Mall, Stormwind or Orgrimmar to place a bounty on another player. This cost Gold, you can check it out in-game.

2. Even though this is a PvE server, it does have World PVP in some zones, I can not tell you exactly which zones these are since I don't actually know myself.

If you do encounter a bug, I would strongly advise you to report it to our BugTracker over at Github so that we, the developers, can locate any bug and reproduce them. https://github.com/WoWManiaUK/Redemption/issues

Thank you and welcome to WoW-Mania,
Regards,
Developer Kitzunu

Banned for no reason :shrug:

melachant

Post by melachant » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Thanks for the info, Kitzunu.

Dushku

Post by Dushku » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:28 pm

I'm curious as to why the auto-flag though. And why it's FFA most of the time instead of PVP. I've also noticed that while flagged, do so many actions refreshes the 5 min timer. And that taking a flight path does NOT auto-clear the flag.

AYMELEK

Post by AYMELEK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:47 am

Hello

We have some Free For All areas, only on those areas you will be flagged to FFA.

Bounties will flag you to pvp, you can hide (sanctuaries or mall) or get ready to fight :)

All the actions will refresh the 5 min CD, to rest it faster, go to a Sanctuarie or to the mall.

AYMELEK

Post by AYMELEK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:47 am

Hello

We have some Free For All areas, only on those areas you will be flagged to FFA.

Bounties will flag you to pvp, you can hide (sanctuaries or mall) or get ready to fight :)

All the actions will refresh the 5 min CD, to rest it faster, go to a Sanctuarie or to the mall.