Extracting Add-On Pack

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
Sveum93

Extracting Add-On Pack

Post by Sveum93 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Hello folks New to wow mania and having a wonderful time within the community here. Recently decided I would like to commit to the server and install the add-on pack and express gratitude via VIP. I am having issues extracting the add-on pack to the interface/add-on folder when unzipping. Afterwards I check the add-on folder and cannot find any files transferred. I have also tried extracting it to desktop, only to be prompted to extract it once again when opening the extracted folder... I will admit I am not the most technologically inclined man, so a simple worded answer for a missed step or perhaps a mistake I made could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance, and if my ignorance to how this works makes a few people laugh, I'm glad I could be your entertainment for the day :lol:

ZINIUS
Game Master

Re: Extracting Add-On Pack

Post by ZINIUS » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 pm

Hello Sveum93

You're not the first so don't worry

Inside the main addon pack there are other zipped addons
so each one has to be extracted seperately
(don't put the whole pack in there, it won't work)

How I usually do them is:

1. Make a folder on your desktop (leave it open)
2. Open the addon pack and open seperately each addon you want and drag and drop the named addon into the new folder you made
3. Once you have all the addons you want to use, drag and drop them in to your interface / addons folder
4. Login to your char selection screen and go to addons button on the bottom left, and click "load out of date addons"

Then your all done

Hope this was helpful
Kind Regards
Game Master Zinius

Support:
Discord: Janitor#2871
E-mail: support@wow-mania.com

Discord: https://discord.gg/R6DcdcP

Sveum93

Re: Extracting Add-On Pack

Post by Sveum93 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:28 am

Thank you very much for the assistance. I hope others who skimmed this post also benefit from your detailed response, I now have everything up and running smoothly.