Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
GeneralMacek

Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Post by GeneralMacek » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:27 pm

Hello there. I wanted to ask if there is (not probably, but still) a better way to download the game client and the game without going through torrents (which is damn slow for me). I admit I caught a slip of nostalgia seeing Northrend again in a time WoW did not suck, but I do not want to spend a week downloading the whole thing, though I admit it might be my problem due to not being able to understand it. I thought the game would have downloaded through the client, as old WoW seemed to do. Not to mention I cannot resolve the full disk bug my computer is throwing at me when I try downloading bigger GB files (>4 GBs) though I have enough space on by SSD disk.

I appreciate feedback and answers, I am still new to this whole stuff. Thank you.

VOUSALAN
Game Master

Re: Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Post by VOUSALAN » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:39 pm

Hello,

At the moment torrent download is the only way to download the game. IF your ISP has a issue with these types of downloads you can get your self a VPN to download as the ISP can not see what you do if connected to a VPN. I would suggest NordVPN.

Best Regards,
Thank you,
Senior Game Master, Developer
Discord: Vousalan
Email: vousalan@gmail.com

JINXESS

Post by JINXESS » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 am

The torrent download from WoW Mania wasn't seeded very well or there weren't many "seeds" to download from with that torrent honestly. I had to Google WOTLK and download a torrent for version 3.3.5 from other third party sites. The version for Wow Mania is 2.9.4 but 3.3.5 is more common outside of WoW Mania. If you find a alternate source for the 2.9.4 WOTLK torrent/download, go ahead. Honestly I didn't bother searching for 2.9.4 and went with 3.3.5 since that version was the easiest to find a torrent for. Yes, there's a very minor chance of WoW errors playing with 3.3.5 but I'm okay with that for now.

QUINANT

Post by QUINANT » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Just came back to the game and the files I had previously were too outdated to do anything.
I don't really want a torrent client on my PC so tried a couple of methods to download (all were free/trial accounts) with much different experiences:

:cry: I first tried to download using Multcloud to sync it to one of my cloud drives. This got me a download but took 5 days and the files were corrupted (this may have been something I did rather than anything wrong with the service). The torrent synced to my cloud drive without me needing my machine on which was nice, but was a shame the download didn't work. I synched it to my MEGA cloud drive, which meant the actual download was slow.

:) I then tried a trial plan of alldebrid which allows you to download 25Gb. This was super easy, I uploaded the torrent file and got 3 download links (.rar part files). You're supposed to get slower speeds on a trial account but mine downloaded in 75-80 minutes. Unpacked the .rar part files and could start playing. If my files got corrupted or needed to move to a newer PC, I'd use this again to download.

Hope that helps people who are in a similar situation to the one I was in

Heitor1

Post by Heitor1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:38 pm

Looking for an improved method to download the game? Check out CapCut Mod APK, a convenient alternative for a smoother gaming experience. Enjoy hassle-free downloads and enhanced gameplay!

Saycoda

Post by Saycoda » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:54 am

JINXESS wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 am
The torrent download from WoW Mania wasn't seeded very well or there weren't many "seeds" to download from with that torrent honestly. I had to Google WOTLK and download a torrent for version 3.3.5 from other third party sites. The version for Wow Mania is 2.9.4 but 3.3.5 is more common outside of WoW Mania. If you find a alternate source for the 2.9.4 WOTLK torrent/download, go ahead. Honestly I didn't bother searching for 2.9.4 and went with 3.3.5 since that version was the easiest to find a torrent for. Yes, there's a very minor chance of WoW errors playing with 3.3.5 but I'm okay with that for now octordle
good for you to explain.

MBNomad

Post by MBNomad » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:29 pm

Out of all of the places I've looked now,
this is the quickest download by far, surpassing the torrents even.

3.3.5 enGB

angelcat

Post by angelcat » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:57 pm

Thank you for the information you provided. Yes, now I can download the file faster.
basket random

cobybrian

Post by cobybrian » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:33 am

This is very nice, indeed.
Spinner Tools

henryjamesss

Post by henryjamesss » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:01 am

Heitor1 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:38 pm
Looking for an improved method to download the game? Check out CapCut Mod APK, a convenient alternative for a smoother gaming experience. Enjoy hassle-free downloads and enhanced gameplay!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm always on the lookout for improved methods to enhance my gaming experience. https://captemp.pro/ sounds like a great alternative for smoother downloads and enhanced gameplay. I'm excited to try it out and see how it can take my gaming sessions to the next level. Do you have any specific features or benefits of CapCut Mod APK that you find particularly impressive? I'd love to hear more about your experience with it!