nobody in the world

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
oosalty

nobody in the world

Post by oosalty » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm

i have been playing for a day now and i havent seen a single person... it says medium population but i have yet to see one person.. am i doing something wrong? do i not have a patch or something?

LegionPrime

Re: nobody in the world

Post by LegionPrime » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:36 pm

More details please.
Horde, ally, what zone you are in.
We do have quite a lot online everytime I play, but mostly in the higher areas like Dalaran.
Don't forget to join world chat, /join world, you should see LOTS of talking there.

Blades137

Re: nobody in the world

Post by Blades137 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:08 am

oosalty wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm
i have been playing for a day now and i havent seen a single person... it says medium population but i have yet to see one person.. am i doing something wrong? do i not have a patch or something?
There are several possible reasons for this:

1.) If you are a North American player like myself, by the time I get home from work (usually around 11pm-12am) and log on it's 5-6am server time. Considering this is mostly a UK and European player base, I don't expect many people to be online then.

2.) We do get new players all the time, but I'd wager the majority of the playing population already is 80.

3.) Zone you have chosen to play, as Alliance I tend to follow a certain path of leveling zones when working on alts, those zones tend to have more people in them, Darkshire, STV, Tanaris, etc. So it's entirely possible if your leveling say in Azshara, Silithus, etc, you might not not see people in those less commonly used zones.