General Support

Language packages

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Language packages

Postby Gor3 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new player here, and I greatly surprised with this server.

First of all, I didn't know if I had to post this here or in the suggestions forum. Forgive me if this place isn't the correct one.

I wondering, it's possible to add more language packs to the game?

I know that I can put inside the Data folder, the esES (yeah, I'm spanish) language pack, but since this is a custom server, I saw that many problems, such as bad written words (with alt codes added, among the texts, mostly).

Also, the new races doesn't appear and the forms from the Legion expansion, aren't showing up as well.

On the other hand, I wish to know if you can add (in time, of course) a selector for disabling the x2 experience in professions and such things.

See, I played in a totally blizzlike server earlier, and although, this is a custom server, I'd like to put is feature in blizzlike mode, as much as possible. If not, I'd like to know if there is a possiblity to add that in the future.

Regards.
Gor3

Re: Language packages

Postby Janitor » Thu May 24, 2018 7:16 am

HI there,

ALL the problems you are referring to are due to the fact that you are not using our client.
We DO NOT support other clients and I am afraid it will be almost unplayable for you if you insist to do so.
We cannot support other language packages since this would increase a lot the amount of work needed with a minute benefit in return.

By the way, Blizzlike means that the mechanics of the game are similar to Blizzard. It does not mean the client needs to be identical and without additions or custom features. There is no way to provide "a Blizzlike mode" as you mentioned. It just doesn't make sense. How would the client cope when it has to render something that it does not understand? Hence the cubes you are probably seeing all over. :)

I hope that clears it.

Best regards,
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Re: Language packages

Postby Gor3 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 am

Heya,

Now, I understand more things, thanks. :D

Well, I tried that (using the esES folder method), with both clients, to be honest.

In the first one, (the readapted client) I had to disable the patches named A, and the C ones. The first one seems to be the custom login patch. The second one, something related with the databases, since the spanish names, does not appear, I mean, the places, continents, and so on.

With your client, seems to be happening the same thing, so I didn't try more things.

Regarding the Blizzlike mode, yeah, maybe I didn't explained myself well. When I meant Blizzlike, I'm referring to the experience rates mostly, (all in x1 mode, including the professions, that's why I mentioned the selector) and of course, the mechanics as well.

And lastly, the only thing that it seems to be working with a cube, is the travel form, since I play as a druid, but the cube, only shows up if I mantein active the form and I do a log out/in. If not, my char preserves the humanoid form, but is more fast on foot.

The only big problem, so to speak, is the lack of the new races, the Worgens and the Goblins, but since they are two races, that I'm not into them, well, I don't care about them, hehe.

One more thing, I'm curious about this fact. When ingame and I see alt codes among the normal text, what thing provokes that? I never saw that behavior earlier.

Thanks for your answer and your time.

Regards.
Gor3

Return to Support