Heirlooms

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
Poopnibrilate2

Heirlooms

Post by Poopnibrilate2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:24 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm looking at heirlooms and I'm a little confused. I'm playing a paladin (H), currently lvl 26.

If I buy a piece of armor that's mail at this level, will it stay mail when I hit 40 or will it change to plate? I asked in global chat but there was some discrepancy.

Additionally, I see that some mail armor is red to me while some is not. Why would that be the case? Does it have something to do with the mail/plate switch at 40?

Any accurate info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOMMYLEE3K

Re: Heirlooms

Post by TOMMYLEE3K » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:22 pm

as a Pala, you need to buy the items shown as plate in vendor's stock. (e.g. "Polished Breastplate of Valor")
It will turn into mail armor for you, until you can wear plate mail (lvl 40)

Poopnibrilate2

Post by Poopnibrilate2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:30 pm

TOMMYLEE3K wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:22 pm
as a Pala, you need to buy the items shown as plate in vendor's stock. (e.g. "Polished Breastplate of Valor")
It will turn into mail armor for you, until you can wear plate mail (lvl 40)
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, this is inaccurate. Nothing the heirloom vendor is offering me is listed as "plate".

danielle

Post by danielle » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:42 am

Poopnibrilate2 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:24 pm
Hello everyone.

I'm looking at heirlooms and I'm a little confused. I'm playing a paladin (H), currently lvl 26.

If rooftop snipersI buy a piece of armor that's mail at this level, will it stay mail when I hit 40 or will it change to plate? I asked in global chat but there was some discrepancy.

Additionally, I see that some mail armor is red to me while some is not. Why would that be the case? Does it have something to do with the mail/plate switch at 40?

Any accurate info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Warriors and paladins wore mail armor until level 40, where they could then equip plate armor. Hunters and shaman began by wearing leather armor until level 40, where they could switch to mail. Some mail armor sets are Chain of the Scarlet Crusade - Ideal for Levels 30-40; The Elements - A level 60 Shaman set; and Beastmaster Armor - A level 60 Hunter set1.

As for the color of the armor, it is based on the item’s rarity and how it compares to your current gear. If the item is red to you, it means that it is not an upgrade from your current gear. If it is green or yellow, it means that it is an upgrade. I hope this helps!