Donor Gear is it worth it?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
IMPERIAL9930

Donor Gear is it worth it?

Post by IMPERIAL9930 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:45 am

Hello all just wanted a simple question answered is the vip/donor gear that costs ($160) Roughly. Worth it or is gear in game comparable? Also is it allowed in battlegrounds Thanks all ill be checking often!

IMPERIAL9930

Re: Donor Gear is it worth it?

Post by IMPERIAL9930 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:22 pm

well did a bit of asking in game so far no luck on if you can acquire gear equal to the donor gear or not. any insight would be nice Thanks again!

KILJU

Post by KILJU » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:22 pm

I can only say about the plate one, rest of them I feel are sorta not correctly itemized. The plate one is comparable to 277 (icc 25hc) gear for tanking and dps, procs on it are strong for a retribution paladin atleast. But you lose a good set bonus from tier 10 so. in the end the PVE (DPS) gear is better but the donor gear is not far from it. For tanking (as the stats on it are 80% for tanking) its same as 25heroic gear BUT you have alot of dps so stuff dies faster and you simply cannot lose aggro with the set.

A couple of encounters are heavily frost damage in ICC and it makes tanking them quite easy as you wont take almost any frost damage.

For dungeons.. you will be number 1 in dps as tank.

For battlegrounds, it is allowed for now atleast but it ruins the experience as the procs give near 6000 AP, so you one shot about everything. It has 0 resilience so you will die instantly to any casters or hunters (excluding frost mages as the set has 600 or so frost resistance).

TL;DR For tanking its much better than anything you can get from PVE, for DPS you can achieve more damage with tier 10 and relevant offpieces.

IMPERIAL9930

Post by IMPERIAL9930 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks so much for the reply!!

Tsriel

Post by Tsriel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 am

I've the plate set on paladin and DK, can confirm everything mentioned above. I also have it on a hunter and a priest. I'm still learning about the hunter set but I've noticed that it's about neck and neck in damage so far, maybe with a slight nod to T10 heroic. I need more time comparing numbers. The cloth set is meant for a priest and no other class, really. Other classes can use it but you'd be wasting the biggest set bonus with the LK cloth gear. It's not good for shadow spec either as there's not set bonus support, but you're gonna be an OP healer.