Healer/Tank specific RDF rewards

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Healer/Tank specific RDF rewards

Postby DarkDariesh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello. I just figured I'd submit my idea. There seems to be a shortage of healers in RDF. especially at the lower lvls. I have seen healer/tank bonus que rewards on another mmo, and thought it was a great idea. It promotes more people to run those classes, as most enjoy dps. I myself prefer tanking, but thats just me. Anyways, just figured I'd drop this here. Take care.
"That place..... The place of my darkest hours. It calls to me. No matter where I travel in Azeroth. I feel it deep in my soul... If a soul, I even still have."
Dariesh
DarkDariesh

Re: Healer/Tank specific RDF rewards

Postby arrkut » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am

I made also a suggestion like that. You can see my post the link given below.
I think they didnt reply due to its difficulty.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1086
arrkut

Postby Anthonhed » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 am

So basically this would be unfair for the DPS role if a other role gets extra stuff because they play healer/tank. In that case they would need to give the Dps something extra aswell.

However I do not think it will be implemented to the game, tho I think it's a great idea.. but as I said, it would be unfair
Anthonhed

Postby DarkDariesh » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 am

Anthonhed wrote:So basically this would be unfair for the DPS role if a other role gets extra stuff because they play healer/tank. In that case they would need to give the Dps something extra aswell.

However I do not think it will be implemented to the game, tho I think it's a great idea.. but as I said, it would be unfair

I considered that as well. But heard very few complaints from dps on the other games I have played that implemented this. It helps everyone get faster ques. And a majority of players on mmo's seem to prefer playing dps. Maybe a daily cap on the amount of times the reward can be received would be a good idea too. Idk. Just thought I'd toss the idea out there. Thx for the feedback :D

Edit: Also... as far as I know. It may possibly be a coding nightmare. I am not savy on such things.
"That place..... The place of my darkest hours. It calls to me. No matter where I travel in Azeroth. I feel it deep in my soul... If a soul, I even still have."
Dariesh
DarkDariesh

Postby arrkut » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:45 pm

To be honest I dont think it is unfair. Actually everyone will benefit from it. Tank/healers may (depending their luck) receive items or mounts and dps will que less duration. Several times i waited more than 20 mins to enter dungeons, therefore I dont que with my dps chars. Mages, warlocks, hunters, etc cannot que as healer or tank consquenlty they have to wait too long to enter instance or get bored and leave the que.
To sum up (this is my personal opion) we need to increase the amount of tank/healers. Also it is harder to play as healer/tank. So they will be supported and encourged to play as tank/healer.
Best regards. I hope I didnt breake any hearth :D.
arrkut

Return to Suggestions