Addon Question ...

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Addon Question ...

Postby ciblnt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 am

The video on the home page is what I have questions about. Does anyone know the addons being used? Primarily the Action Bar addon he is using or one similiar. Because I was trying to get Bartender to work but i couldnt get the action bars to show up. But any ideas as to how I can get the setup similiar to that in the picture.

Or any good addons to use on a regular basis.
Attachments
wow.jpg
wow.jpg (159.74 KiB) Viewed 14433 times
ciblnt

Re: Addon Question ...

Postby Hoze » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 am

I personally don't know the exact Add-Ons being used. But I'm almost certain there is a youtube tutuorial on this somewhere in youtube's broad range of online videos.

Just try not to get stuck on cat videos.
Hoze

Postby Verice » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm sure most people know this, but just in case someone is looking ofr something that isn't in that pack.

You can get most add-ons directly from curse as long as it was available for 3.3.5.

Go to any addon, say smart buff for example at: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/smart-buff

Instead of clicking download, click "other downloads"

Now scroll through the pages until you find an file for version 3.3.5 (at the time of writing this post, it's on page 4):
3.3e Release 3.3.5 4,102 Aug 18, 2010

Click on that and you'll have a working version.

On some addons like titan panel you have to do one extra thing.

If you go to titan panel at [url]https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/titan-panel#t1:other-downloads
[/url], you'll see that the versions only go pack to 6.2.2

If you click on Project Site at the top, it will bring you to the developers section with more info. Click on files there and you'll see older versions. Page 5 contains:
4.3.8.30300 614.98 KB Jul 13, 2010 3.3.5 170,291
Verice

Postby saltygunner » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:57 pm

I may be going off on a tangent, but...

I admit to being an addon junkie - always looking for the best one for a given situation. Many I tried to find based on what I use in TBC, and some are added functionality I can't live without now. Curse and Ace were the two repos that I used most to find them - I would see one I think that would work, download it, then test it out. They also have categories and screenshots, so that may help. It took a couple of days to find which ones worked and which ones were either garbage or didn't work at all.

The best way to do this so you don't lose you data in some of the addons you already configured - copy the folder out from the Interfaces folder and put it somewhere else, like desktop. Then make sure you copy out the appropriate .lua for the addon. This usually works, although there are times where there is a tie in to another .lua, but I didn't find that frequently.

C:\<path>\WoW-Mania WotLK\WTF\Account\<accountname>\SavedVariables is where the .luas are found for the default config, and then individual char .luas are found under the realm and char name.
saltygunner

Postby Alitoni » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 pm

In my search for additional "gotta have" mods, I also found Curse Forge which has many addons, and allows you to search by game version. So if there is an addon you're looking for, and can't find an older version of it on Curse (as was the case for me and GTFO), try here. I've not downloaded yet, as I just found it today and am at work so I haven't had a chance to test it out.

Good luck!
Alitoni

Postby FakeTank » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Curse forge is really unreliable as it mostly only supports WoW Versions 6+ for literally most of its Addons
and the ones that ARE 335, are the Outdated Files.
FakeTank

Postby Alitoni » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Like I mentioned, I just found the site and haven't had a chance to try any of the downloads from there. Although, aren't the "outdated files" the ones needed for Patch 3.3.5? :?
Alitoni

Postby Yanodei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Alitoni wrote:Like I mentioned, I just found the site and haven't had a chance to try any of the downloads from there. Although, aren't the "outdated files" the ones needed for Patch 3.3.5? :?

Yes you will need to track down the version that will work with 3.3.5. most of the current addons at curse are set for the current game ver. there should be links if they started before 3.3.5.
What an odd animal man is, to willingly allow themselves to be caged.
Yanodei

Postby FakeTank » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Alitoni wrote:Like I mentioned, I just found the site and haven't had a chance to try any of the downloads from there. Although, aren't the "outdated files" the ones needed for Patch 3.3.5? :?

There ARE some websites that people actually maintain the 3.35 Versions of files. on purpose
FakeTank

Postby Alitoni » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

FakeTank wrote:There ARE some websites that people actually maintain the 3.35 Versions of files. on purpose

While searching for said sites, Curse Forge was the first I came across so I thought I would share this information with OP (who seems to be in search of this sort of thing). As you appear to be an expert regarding such sites, perhaps you can share your expertise of these "on purpose" websites here for those of us who are still looking?
Alitoni

Next

Return to General Chat