Is anyone there?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Is anyone there?

Postby Nebyroth » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 am

i've just created an account and started playing in the pvp server.

im in stormwind and there is no one there,. is this server dead? is everyone in dalaran?

i dont want to waste my time in an empty server tbh.

thx.
Nebyroth

Re: Is anyone there?

Postby Janitor » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Type "/join world" to join the word chat.

Elysium is a new realm so it will have fewer people than on Redemption.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby undertaker72343 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:17 am

redemption is the most populated one with pvp active...
undertaker72343

Postby freddytsjlv » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 am

Hey guys,

as i have been playing on Elysium for some days now i can assure, that this server is growing slowly but still.
So i know for new players it might get frustrating if there arent enough players.

Maybe a GM can explain why this move was made to open a second one in the first place? Because i myself did not know about a new server and i just started playing on the one that was automaticly chosen. Only after lvl 25 or such i found out - hey. Noone online :D
So i asked and yes - i was automaticly put on a new server.

Anyway... Why was this move made and why couldnt all play on one? Is it because of stability reasons? But Redemption is not really that big so that would be no issue
Making money is all that matters. TSJ [BankingClan]
freddytsjlv

Postby Hopdoddy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Elysium is a PvP server, i.e., there is world PvP with contested zones and you can target other players. Redemption is what is called a "normal" server or PvE. You can't target other players unless they elect to flag themselves. There are very limited areas where world PvP could occur. Redemption does have instanced PvP which is arena's and battlegrounds.

So the "new" server is not really a new server because the other is full; it is a PvP server. I believe it is mis-labeled as for "New Players". It should be labeled PvP and Redemption should be labeled Normal or PvE.

You should really choose based on whether you are interested in open world PvP or not. Personally, I like to just fish when I fish and so chose Redemption.
Hopdoddy

Postby freddytsjlv » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:29 am

Oh snap. If i would have known that i would have chosen pve ofc.

I totally agree with the choice and the right labeling.

Maybe a GM can take a look into it and maybe add the label PVE and PVP to the realmlist?
Also i would still be happy if a switch between realms would be possible. Even if that might cost you 50.000 gold. That would be awesome
Making money is all that matters. TSJ [BankingClan]
freddytsjlv

Postby Saintz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:41 pm

freddytsjlv wrote:Hey guys,

as i have been playing on Elysium for some days now i can assure, that this server is growing slowly but still.
So i know for new players it might get frustrating if there arent enough players.

Maybe a GM can explain why this move was made to open a second one in the first place? Because i myself did not know about a new server and i just started playing on the one that was automaticly chosen. Only after lvl 25 or such i found out - hey. Noone online :D
So i asked and yes - i was automaticly put on a new server.

Anyway... Why was this move made and why couldnt all play on one? Is it because of stability reasons? But Redemption is not really that big so that would be no issue

Hello!

Elysium was opened to the public a few months ago, and is still growing. Which is why there are not many people on there yet.

We have a large community, and we're growing everyday. Opening a second realm is something we decided to start working on to help with that.

Currently, our official and most active realm is Redemption. You shouldn't have a problem finding people online there.

Here the most recent post by Janitor regarding Elysium. http://www.wow-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1186&p=3565&hilit=Elysium+realm+open#p3565

Any information regarding Elysium's future will be posted here on forums/website. So keep an eye out!

Sincerely,
Game Master Saintz
Saintz
Game Master

Return to General Chat