Elysium - What to expect

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Re: Elysium - What to expect

Postby Runninamok » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm

So, the people that were forced to leave Elysium original to go to a NON pvp server (redemption)..
Will we be able to transfer back and play on a server type that we originally wanted to ?
Really upsets me as I only originally joined Wowmania to play open world PVP only to level to 80 on a
dead server and be forcefully transferred to a carebear server.
Runninamok

Postby Mobius » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Hey all,

To respond to some posts here, I believe by rereading Janitor's post you will get all your answers.

Also I would like to point out to everyone that it should not be about what the server currently is, it should be about what do WE as a community want it to become? So don't ask what it will be.. what it is.. As that is not determined yet ;)

lets start talking about what it should become :)

Kind Regards

Mobius
Mobius

Postby Lightmare » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Mobius wrote:Hey all,

To respond to some posts here, I believe by rereading Janitor's post you will get all your answers.

Also I would like to point out to everyone that it should not be about what the server currently is, it should be about what do WE as a community want it to become? So don't ask what it will be.. what it is.. As that is not determined yet ;)

lets start talking about what it should become :)

Kind Regards

Mobius

Agree to disagree since what the server allows contradicts the post. That said...

I would love to see it locked to 60 for the time being. Essentially flag all accounts as only Vanilla. This would consolidate the pvp in the 1-60 range with the gear available.

I'd also remove the restriction that puts XP locked accounts in their own bracket. This would hopefully promote more bracket based pvp. I miss the old 10-19 and 20-29 twink brackets.

After a "season" or 2, flag everyone with BC expansion. This opens up some more pvp options and new gearing to min/max around.

Eventually it opens to WOTLK. More gear, brackets and DKs

For those brave enough to want the PvE aspect as well, it would also give the progression experience though I would argue talents, gearing and skills won't be anything like the retail experience at 60/70 but its available.

--
It will be important for the growth of the server to know what the plan is. As mentioned before, if you level to 80 and the community wants to lock at 60.. you are SOL. Likewise, not leveling and you are sort of spinning your wheels for nothing if it goes to 80.

Lets gets some ideas floated. Vote or whatever Janitor prefers and start marketing it. "Make PVP great again!" Ok.. maybe I shouldn't handle marketing.
Lightmare

Postby Lightmare » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm

So I guess as the only member of "the community" to speak up, it should be molded in my vision correct? :D
Lightmare

Postby Muffinbutton » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:59 pm

To be honest, I think that Redemption should just be re-tagged as a normal PvP server, as most private servers are, because they are the most popular.
I know that a server being tagged as a PvE realm really ONLY means there's no World PvP (and still people can flag themselves for pvp and fight), yet when most people notice that this is a ''PvE realm'' the great majority of new players just think that arenas/BG's/WG/etc aren't done at all or aren't even accessible, which in my opinion is what has been hindering the growth of this great server.
I know there's people here or new future wow-mania players that don't enjoy World PvP, but to be honest, considering the custom options added to the server (for example mounts available at a lower level), and a low-cost VIP service for a whole month which enables very fast leveling, it is incredibly easy to avoid World PvP if you don't wish to do so.

Elysium was already closed once, since players new to wow-mania in general will just join Redemption or leave after 10mins in Elysium, since no one wants to join an empty server in this day and age, and so dividing the players on Redemption between two servers, really won't help a lot either realm.
Muffinbutton

Postby stefannel » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:05 pm

I have to agree with Muffinbutton & Runninamok.
Opening / reopening Elysium will be a bad idea hence :
1. Same GMs will have to manage 2 servers so their reply/assistance or events will be much slower/ scarce and will not be appreciated by the community
2. IF Elysium will be open and a part of the players will migrate there, you will end up with 3 x 300 pop servers. This will mean there will not be much raiding/ big guilds and will just be generally empty and people will just quit a lot faster. Eg: if 1-2 ppl from a group of 4-5 friends go to elysium (to try pvp) the others 3 will feel left out or simply won't have enough friends to play with and just quit the server/game.
3. Why not re-enable PvP on Redemption for just 2 days during the weekend ?
4. (Sorry if this sounds harsh but I am multi-game player and have experience with servers and community and RMT facts) I tend to think the only reason to reopen elysium is to grab fresh donations from ppl that have to start again from 0.
stefannel

Postby SiGeBa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:13 am

More stability than Redemption?
SiGeBa

Postby CalvinIDEA » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:30 am

The L60 cap and content restrictions have been lifted.

You can get L80, there is full WOTLK content.

World PVP is ON.
CalvinIDEA

Postby Gagena » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I guess wow-mania is much better imo
Gagena

Previous

Return to General Chat