Elysium - What to expect

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Elysium - What to expect

Postby Janitor » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Dear Maniacs,

Some of you may have already noticed that we have opened, or to be more precise re-opened, a new PvP realm.
The Elysium Realm is now open in a somewhat experimental stage. This does not mean any progression may be lost or that it will suddenly close. It means mainly that we are still getting feedback from the community to see what and how it should be run.

At this moment Elysium is an exact copy of Redemption (code, features, etc.). The obvious difference is that Elysium is a PvP realm. We have also limited the content to Vanilla for the time being. We will announce the schedule for the openings of further content shortly.
Another difference, for now, is that the creation of tickets is currently blocked. This means that the GM support will be limited for now.

We hope to bring Elysium to full speed as fast as we can but that will depend on the community reaction and suggestions.

Another point that I want to make abundantly clear is that our dedication and commitment to Redemption is not going to drop. We are very proud of the quality of the server as well as the service we all provide and we will not let it fall in any way.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to let us know here in this thread. Do not open new threads on the subject as it may be deleted.

Keep on playing!
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Re: Elysium - What to expect

Postby Anthonhed » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Sounds good to me! :)
Anthonhed

Postby stefannel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello Janitor,
I am sorry to say but I don't understand exactly what you mean by "PvP Realm".
Do you mean:
Option #1 :
Realm is purely PvP, instant lvl 80, no PvE content supported, just Arena, Bg, PvP events/areas

Option #2 :
Copy of Redemption with Pvp flag enabled everywhere and mass-kill everywhere in Northrend.
From what I know, most of the wow PVP involves several good PvE Items as DBW/ShadowMourne/Glorenzerg/Sharpen Twilight Scale for melee classes (and their respective items for ranged/mages). Thus this involves to have ICC 25 HC and RS25HC in excellent running condition for ppl to get those items.
In this case, what would be the point of doing that when you can just set Redemption to be PvP and increase the population this way.
Thank you.
stefannel

Postby Kadok » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm

So I have been in this server not for long but for what I've seen the pvp is pretty low which sux.
So anyways, assuming that somehow the low amount of pvp doesn't make this realm to be deserted, it would be nice if you also blocked the Pay-To-Win content, at least for a little while, after all the fun on pvp is fighting to gear up and not to get smashed by someone who paid for it.
Just leaving this idea here =)
Oh and also, it would be nice to reward the pvp content on the pvp server by adding bonuses or rewards to bg's, like extra experience for leveling or some other incentive to pvp.
Thanks,
Kadok

Postby DustinRichie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:03 pm

When you say Elysium is currently Vanilla content only... Will this be a progressive server? Will it only/ever be WOTLK, or will it progress through "world events" to include Cata and Pandaria?
DustinRichie

Postby Lightmare » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Will there be opportunity to transfer characters from redemption to Elysium?
Lightmare

Postby azhra09 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Will there be cross-server dungeon finding to deal with the transfer of players from one server to the other? :)
azhra09

Postby Lightmare » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Hoping for some clarification. I'm seeing characters over level 60, did the locking to vanilla change? I don't want to level beyond 60 and end up locked out of the character if its just a bug. Likewise, if there is no reason to stay at 60, I might as well keep leveling. :D
Lightmare

Postby Yanodei » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am

azhra09 wrote:Will there be cross-server dungeon finding to deal with the transfer of players from one server to the other? :)

This would be awesome if it could be done.
What an odd animal man is, to willingly allow themselves to be caged.
Yanodei

Postby azhra09 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:20 am

Lightmare wrote:Hoping for some clarification. I'm seeing characters over level 60, did the locking to vanilla change? I don't want to level beyond 60 and end up locked out of the character if its just a bug. Likewise, if there is no reason to stay at 60, I might as well keep leveling. :D

That would be nice to have confirmation about. As not only is the level cap past 60, from what I've noticed all content for BC and Wrath is also accessible.

All this while the server is telling us, in a consistent manner, that it is still in the vanilla stages. :)
azhra09

Next

Return to General Chat