How many of you played WoW?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

Re: How many of you played WoW?

Postby Saintz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:27 pm

I've followed/played WoW since conception. :) I stopped playing retail during mid Cata as there were some changes that I did not agree with. To me it just wasn't the same thing I fell in love with. Since then it's been mostly pservers of Cata expansion or lower. Out of the many I've played, this one is the best though ^.^ Never have I seen a team more dedicated to the development to a server and it's players. ^.^

Sincerly,
Game Master Saintz
Saintz
Game Master

Postby ninjalo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:48 pm

I started playing Vanilla about 4 months before the 1.1 Shadow of the Necropolis patch. Those were the days, getting attuned for MC and Naxx, grinding for the various scraps for T3, sorry got a bit nostalgic there. I played up until about a week after TBC launched, couldn't afford the TBC expansion at the time so I stopped playing for a while. Played WotLK very little, a friend of mine bought it and I played through the DK start area and that was about it. I left the game completely for a long while, but said friend talked me into coming back during MoP. Then I played MoP, through WoD all the way up through Legion. I was disappointed with Legion tbh. While don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the updated character models and Outlaw Rogues are a total blast to play IMO, they listened way too much to the unwashed, casual masses and made the game too easy. You didn't have to worry about calculating stats, or grinding to get that one BiS piece of gear anymore. I quite literally leveled a hunter from 1-110 in about two days, and was raiding by the third day. Within two weeks of pug raids, and guild raids I had an 850 ilvl, which is good and bad as you don't have much to do once you're geared, unless you enjoy other aspects of the game. Hopefully whatever the next expansion is will be good, but for now, I think I've found a new home here. Personally I think WotLK is by far the best expansion, even with some of the quality of life changes missing that Blizz implemented into later expansions, such as Guild Perks, etc. So, to make a long story a little longer lol, I've been playing WoW for over 10 years. I'll get bored with it for a while, but I always come crawling back lol
ninjalo

Postby Davydov » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:47 pm

My main char is Grylkor I started playing wow 3 months into vanilla back in Retail and played thru wod where i stopped and took a break, this Break lead to me finding this server about 2 years ago and lets just say my Break from Retail got extended lol
Davydov

Postby Flamingdeath » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:28 am

Our family(Myself(dad), wife, 3 teens, and my wife's mom) all started playing WoW at the original release and played until the pandas came out. We went back to playing EQ1 and WoW for a while on private servers, then found this server. This has been the best private server we have all played on and we do not plan going anywhere else.
It is not just a great server to play on, however, it is the people that run it. Not to make it so kiss ass here, but the peeps really, really, know their stuff and are willing to take their own personal time to help any player that needs it. They have helped us over the years many times and that has inspired us to continue to support this server, even beyond their required fee for playing VIP.
Thanks all for the great service and years of playing!!! We all hope you continue to offer us the pleasure of playing on your server.
Flamingdeath and family
Flamingdeath

Postby Saintz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am

I started playing WoW the day it was released (Jeeeeze that makes me feel old...). I stopped playing retail towards the end of Cataclysm. I could never turn away from the game though. I've since been playing private servers and have found a great home here at WoW-Mania! :D

-Game Master Saintz :ugeek:
Saintz
Game Master

Postby Lightmare » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 am

Saintz wrote:I've followed/played WoW since conception. :) I stopped playing retail during mid Cata as there were some changes that I did not agree with. To me it just wasn't the same thing I fell in love with. Since then it's been mostly pservers of Cata expansion or lower. Out of the many I've played, this one is the best though ^.^ Never have I seen a team more dedicated to the development to a server and it's players. ^.^

Sincerly,
Game Master Saintz

Saintz wrote:I started playing WoW the day it was released (Jeeeeze that makes me feel old...).

Old.. like when you start repeating yourself. :D
Lightmare

Postby Davydov » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 am

I am Grylkor A fury Warrior on this server My warrior here is actually a recreation of my first char ever on retail lol, i started playing retail 3 months after release and played it up and thru wod, when i decided to take a break again 1 of many small breaks over the years, then during that break i found this Server and i been here for almost 2 years
Davydov

Postby Gagena » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 pm

oh, for 11 years
Gagena

Previous

Return to General Chat