How many of you played WoW?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

How many of you played WoW?

Postby YaBoyLeeroy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 am

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have played WoW before? As in the $15/month version.

Also curious as to when you started and when you stopped (before picking up this private server).

For me, I started playing at BC launch, stopped with the Pandas. Picked it back up with Legion, then dropped it not too long after. I found this server a few weeks ago and was super excited to see people still play WOTLK. My favorite expansion by far, and IMO the best one they made.
YaBoyLeeroy

Re: How many of you played WoW?

Postby JonSnur » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 am

I think most people have.

I played from BC but only dabbling just doing solo quests very occasional dungeon. I had just dinged 70 when WOTLK came out. I took 2 days off work especially. The new areas the new dungeons & quests were all great. Then I went on my 1st raid.. Naxx I think. Very casual guild a few very well geared guys who knew what they were doing and a bunch of learners we died a lot I spent a fortune on repair bills but we cleared a wing & I got my 1st bit of purple and I was totally hooked. By the time Cata came out I was a kickass assassination rogue. Then Cata came out I played for a couple of months but it had lost the shine and RL was getting busy so I unsubbed.

Then I found these guys :)
JonSnur

Postby Yanodei » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Started about 3 months pre BC got addicted to dungeons in BC played though till Pandas then all the spinning monks broke the game for me. I had not played again till a friend on a NWN server told me about this great WotLK server that was like playing the great expansion we liked so I had to check it out. Got to say now I'm kinda addicted to the game again.

Great server and awesome players and staff. I hope this sticks around for a long time.
Yano
What an odd animal man is, to willingly allow themselves to be caged.
Yanodei

Postby SiGeBa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Started playing about 3 months after it's original launch and stopped at Cataclysm. I really hated what they did to the world, it just wasn't the same after that. Found wow mania about 5 months ago and I'm loving it.
SiGeBa

Postby CryWolf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

I still play on retail :D i just like to check WoW Mania forums from time to time
CryWolf

Postby YaBoyLeeroy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:27 pm

I feel like a lot of the players I talk to in the RDF have never played wow before. It's kinda interesting to see that the people on the forums are more the "OG" WoW players, whereas a lot of the in-game guys are more trying/playing wow for the first time.
YaBoyLeeroy

Postby Lightmare » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Played from launch to MoP. By that time though I was finding excuses to play and keep my interest. Twinks.. solo raiding.. Pet Battles... eventually I just bailed. Haven't looked back since. Got into the private server "scene" a few months ago for some nostalgia. Settled here after trying a vanilla, then a BC first. While WoTLK changed some things I really liked (like hunters having to find pets for skills) its one of my favorite expansions.

Some remember this moments:
Vanilla. When all else failed, you had to reinstall the client. And it was 6 or 8 CDs. And you had to do that at least once per week because it broke a lot.

Captain Placeholder. What do you do when people keep falling off boats in the middle of the ocean.. take them out and add "Captain Placeholder". As I recall, someone made a song about him.

"The ice stone has melted" - No idea... but it apparently melted alot for a while

Corrupted blood from Hakkar wiped out a large portion of the server population before being fixed. Turned out to benefit
real science.

Edit: corrected plague to be corrupted blood
Lightmare

Postby sscoltock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am

Extra reading for the corrupted blood.

http://mh.bmj.com/content/39/2/115
sscoltock

Postby Meneltel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:16 am

Played in classic to late TBC on and off fairly consistently. Did pvp with friends though I don't like it. RL called and I didn't get back to WoW until just at the end of Wrath but my guild had moved servers so I had to start a new toon and level so I missed out on Wrath. Played on and off during Cataclysm and left, tired of Blizzard's policies of class balancing and altering the classes every year or expansion or sooner. Played a bit during WoD but I felt I was playing a single person game, not a MMORPG with the personal strongholds.

I am here to enjoy the Wrath time I missed out. And so far, I'm loving it!
Meneltel

Postby arrkut » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I started play during TBC. I had chance to raid TBC, however I was aware what I am during WOTLK. I played as casual at other patches. Cata maked to stop playing. I do LFR's and I stopped before Cata. I played a bit on my friends account. But WOTLK was the best, therefore I joined Wow-mania.
Thank you guys bringing good old days.
arrkut

Next

Return to General Chat